Help! I deleted Templates folder!

Post by Eric Rosenbe » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Somehow I managed to delete a folder that had in it the system Templates
folder.

How can I get it back?  I REM'd deldir a long time ago, so I can't simply
undelete.

HELP!

Thanks -

Eric

--
Eric Rosenberg
Washington, DC

Post by gfra.. » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Somehow I managed to delete a folder that had in it the system Templates
>folder.

>How can I get it back?  I REM'd deldir a long time ago, so I can't simply
>undelete.

>HELP!

>Thanks -

>Eric

>--
>Eric Rosenberg
>Washington, DC

First of all, you may still have an original.  Tryusing the Find Objects dialog from
the launch pad.  If, indeed, you do not have it, the following script will restore it!

/* Create "Templates" Object */
If RxFuncQuery("SysLoadFuncs") Then Do
  Call RxFuncAdd "SysLoadFuncs","REXXUTIL","SysLoadFuncs"
  Call SysLoadFuncs
End

RC = SysCreateObject("WPTemplates",,
                     "Templates",,
                     "<WP_DESKTOP>",,
                     "HELPPANEL=15680;NODELETE=YES;ICONPOS=8 8;OBJECTID=<WP_TEMPS>",,
                     "Update")
If RC Then
  Say '"Templates" created successfully'
Else
  Say '"Templates" could not be created'

Gaylen Fraley                         \\||//
Team OS/2                             ( .. )
-----------------------------------oOO--()--OOo--------------------------------
John 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Help! I deleted Templates folder!

Post by charles mi » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote: writes:

:>
:>Somehow I managed to delete a folder that had in it the system Templates
:>folder.
:>
:>How can I get it back?  I REM'd deldir a long time ago, so I can't simply
:>undelete.
:>
:>HELP!
:>
:>Thanks -
:>
:>Eric
:>
:>--
:>Eric Rosenberg
:>Washington, DC

:>
:>
        Don't have an  immediate answer.  However there is a program called Object
Replacement v 1.0.  That will replace most of the standard installed objects
if you delete one.  It does  replace templates if you delete it.  I believe
it is usually listed as obrep.zip or pmobrep.zip.  I downloaded it off a bbs
so if you look around can probably find it.

1. How do I delete templates in the template folder?

Also, take a look at: blckh3.zip (somewhere on the usual gang of FTP sites)
It will create an object on your desktop that can delete anything.

Handy for deleting the undeletable.  I had a situation the other day
where I had two "Drive L" objects in my drives folder.  Used BlackHole
to get rid of one of them.

I just <LOVE> water sports!
Our teachers are complete pros!
Jamilia and I actually synchronized our strokes.
We did the whole length of the pool on our backs.
Girl Scout camp is the greatest.

                - From the back of the box of Tagalongs (in 1994!)
                - (C) 1992, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
                - Originally seen in Ted Frank's .sig in AFU
                - Later seen gracing the pages of Spy Magazine.

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

2. Is Dave Small on the net?

3. When I open Templates folder, new Folder templates get created??

4. Data View doesn't show the New or Design New for Views or Tables

5. New, 2ed, folder template in templates folder

6. How to config diff MSN on ISDN for fax or data?

7. deleting Templates folder

8. Multiface copyright holder

9. how to delete templates folder?

10. How to delete files in the "templates" folder?

11. deleting Templates folder

12. Restoring a deleted Template folder

13. multiple templates in template folder