Problem installing merlin and warp

Post by Nico Van den Broec » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:43:01

Hello,
I have both Warp and Merlin in my possesion, all the original disks and
bootdisks but dont use OS2.  This is because I tried it a year ago and all I
got was that fdisk could not give a correct size of my drive (it gave a
negative value I think).  What do I need to modify (as I said before I still
have the original disks with no updated drivers).  My system is celeron II
at 900 with Abit BF6 and as bootdrive I would like to use my maxtor 10,2
7200RPM drive.

Thanks.

Problem installing merlin and warp

Post by maxik.. » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:53:53

You need to update the ide drivers from the IBM device driver pack
website.  Follow the instructions about modifying a copy of disk 1, and
adding the copyfromfloppy instruction to the config.sys.  You may need
to delete a couple of unnecessary files to make the new package fit, and
I could not get it to work until I REMARKED out the IBM13.I13 driver, as
recommended in the readme file somewhere.

Quote:

> Hello,
> I have both Warp and Merlin in my possesion, all the original disks and
> bootdisks but dont use OS2.  This is because I tried it a year ago and all I
> got was that fdisk could not give a correct size of my drive (it gave a
> negative value I think).  What do I need to modify (as I said before I still
> have the original disks with no updated drivers).  My system is celeron II
> at 900 with Abit BF6 and as bootdrive I would like to use my maxtor 10,2
> 7200RPM drive.

> Thanks.

Problem installing merlin and warp

Post by Melvin Klass » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:07:29

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:43:01, "Nico Van den Broeck"

> I have both Warp and Merlin in my possesion, all the original disks
> and bootdisks but don't use OS2.  This is because I tried it a year ago
> and all I got was that fdisk could not give a correct size of my drive
> (it gave a negative value I think).  What do I need to modify?
> as bootdrive I would like to use my maxtor 10,2 GB drive.

Check:

http://service.software.ibm.com/os2ddpak/html/os_2comp/installa/

and click on the "Greater than 4.3GB" and the "to create additional
space" hyperlinks.

Also, for best performance, check:

http://service.software.ibm.com/os2ddpak/html/os_2comp/os_2base/

for updated base-drivers for "fast" processors and for Y2K support.