Describe: Printing a two-page doc.

Post by Vince, a Funkadel » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to print a two page document consisting of a cover letter and my
resume.  I'd like to print both items as a single document to FaxWorks.  Then
I'd like it to fax the single doc wherever I choose.

The problem is, if I set it up as a master document, when I "print" to the fax
driver, each document is sent separately.  I wind up with two docs that need
to be faxed.

If I try to import the resume into the cover letter document I lose the
resume's formatting.

In order to get this two-page document set up, I could go with either method I
described above or another.

Vince

Riiip the roof off the muthasucka.  Come rip the roof off!
We are the Funkadelic, we're gonna groove for youuuuu
Everybody's got a little light under the sun, under the sun...

Describe: Printing a two-page doc.

Post by Thomas Al » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>If I try to import the resume into the cover letter document I lose the
>resume's formatting.

You can copy and paste from one document to another and retain the formatting
contained within the styles as long as the styles exist in the destination
document. If you are unlucky enough to have identical style names in both
documents representing different formatting, then rename the base style
(typically called "Document") of one of the documents. Then use style->
copy styles to copy the style tree from the source document to the destination
document. Then you can copy the text from the source to the destination
document.

--

Standard Disclaimers Apply, including:
  "Any ideas or opinions expressed here do not necessarily

Describe: Printing a two-page doc.

Post by Vince, a Funkadel » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Almy)10 Sep 1996 17:06:53 GMT writes:
-->
-->You can copy and paste from one document to another and retain the formatting
-->contained within the styles as long as the styles exist in the destination
-->document.

So, I have to create a special two-page doc with the same formatting as my
individual cover letter and resume and then copy the contents from the
originals to the new doc.  Hmm, okay.  I believe I ran across that in the
manual- no, I believe it was the section on copying styles from one document
to another.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Vince

Riiip the roof off the muthasucka.  Come rip the roof off!
We are the Funkadelic, we're gonna groove for youuuuu
Everybody's got a little light under the sun, under the sun...

1. Print Two pages on letter paper

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a program that allow me to print text file
in such way that two portrait pages on a single 8.5"x11"
sheet. Just like a opened book. DOS,windows or OS/2 programs
are all OK. perferably OS/2 program.

Many thanks in advance.

Yibing Fan
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. Makesu

3. Two-Up Printing in Describe

4. NEC V51/V41 Chip info

5. Two-up printing in Describe

6. F2C doesn't seem to work

7. Describe home page? Describe 5.0 demo?

8. Daylight Savings time configuration

9. Warp can't print to two parallel port with IRQ printing

10. Guard pages - Is there an error in the Control Program docs?

11. Keyboard and code page docs.

12. Describe and WP6.1 Docs

13. Can one start Describe 5.0 without a default doc?