WE & Archie kill SLIP&PPP why?

Post by johns.. » Fri, 31 Mar 1995 04:00:00

I am using slip and ppp to my school.  Whenever I start up slip or ppp
everything works fine as long as I dont send a lot of dat(continuous) to
my host.  If I start to ftp to my host to upload it dies and says it
cannot resolve any more host names and stops sending data.  The same
thing happens with WE.  I can start it but when i select a site to go to
the whole slip/ppp connection dies :(
Any clues as to why?
yes xon/off is disabled :)
The same setup works for another school and another provider.  However
internet Chamelion works fine with my school as does netscape :(

--
later
        John

I have a dream!  To see everyone who had anything to do with planning the new
summer course guide come running from their burning houses with three
hefty spear protruding from their backs.

1. WARP Connect & Latest SLIP & PPP Software

I just upgraded to WARP Connect and discovered that I overlaid all of my
IAK updates that I had downloaded prevously.  Anyway, I re-downloaded the
latest SLIP & PPP updates, and then realized that I might have back leveled them
compared to what came with WARP Connect.  Can anyone tell me of the SLIP &
PPP parts that came with WARP Connect is more current than what can be
downloaded, and if I need to consider re-installing these parts again ?

2. DHCP error

3. SLIP & Ethernet -or- Ethernet & SLIP

4. WTB Ultima 1+2 for Atari computers

5. TIA & WE crash my slip connection. Why?

6. Definity R9.5 R-10 Software

7. MWAVE && OS/2 && Aptive A50??

8. && USB Flash Memory Drive && << 2GB, 1GB >>

9. WPS && dragging && multiple files

10. emacs && mime && shownonascii ?

11. (Internet) Re: Need infor about: SLIP & OS/2 - config & programs