How do you control settings for sessions started from WINOS2?

How do you control settings for sessions started from WINOS2?

Post by George Whi » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

A couple things I do require fine control over the settings of DOS
sessions started from WinOS2.  My environment:

OS/2 2.11 fillpack
4OS2 and 4DOS installed
  COMSPEC=D:\4OS2\4OS2...
  SHELL=D:\4DOS\4DOS.COM ...

If I run the following batch file from WinOS2, I find that the batch files
runs under OS2\MDOS\COMMAND.COM with the default memory settings (e.g.,
2M EMS, 2M XMS, etc.):

set
Pause
mem /c |more

The only mechanism I have found that might allow me to change this
(more memory for DOS programs that won't run in 2M, less memory to test
programs that need to run in tight memory) is the "start" command in
4DOS.  Have I missed something?  Can the OS/2 default settings be
changed?  Why does WinOS2 change comspec back to command.com and how do I
get it to use the comspec that uses 4DOS like all my other DOS sessions?

--

1. How Controls DOS Settings on DOS command FROM OS/2 Session?

Hi,

I have a DOS command that gets called from my OS/2 session.  The DOS
session that get created to run the command has DOS Settings that I
need to change.  But I cannot figure out were the DOS Settings come from.
I have changed every DOS ICON in every folder I can find, but nothing
seems to effect these "non-ICON" sessions.

Frank
--
+======================================================================+
| Frank Merrow       | QualComm, Inc.      | Senior Software Engineer  |

| FAX (619) 658-1562 | San Diego, CA 92121 | #include <std_disclaimer> |
+======================================================================+

2. AMIGA SCSI controller A4008

3. Delay in starting DOS session (or WINOS2) - any ideas please

4. gdi plus problem

5. Help starting DOS session with settings

6. FS: Cisco 3640 w/ RPS and more

7. STARTD on ftp-os2 (start dos sessions w/ settings)

8. MPEG to be dropped...

9. Starting Phar-Lap DOS EXE from OS/2 session starts Win

10. Settings for DOS sessions spawned from OS/2 sessions?

11. Changing DOS settings when starting DOS program from OS/2 window?

12. DOS Session with specific DOS settings

13. Can't start a windowed WinOS2 session!