Matrox Drivers

Post by Matthew Shapir » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Some of us have had prblems opening > 1 winos/2 sessions.

Matrox has reproduced the problem, and are planning a new driver to fix
it and other problems by the end of April.

Matrox Drivers

Post by Ernest Christle » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Some of us have had prblems opening > 1 winos/2 sessions.

> Matrox has reproduced the problem, and are planning a new driver to fix
> it and other problems by the end of April.

Until then, try the newest GRADD drivers.  They're finally up to snuff.
--
T ************************************************************ O

A Ernest Christley        | "Yeah, but it isn't easy.", Simba. /
M * ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/scrnsave/wpsav101.zip * 2

Matrox Drivers

Post by Bren » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

  > Some of us have had prblems opening > 1 winos/2 sessions.
  >
  > Matrox has reproduced the problem, and are planning a new driver to fix
  > it and other problems by the end of April.

  Until then, try the newest GRADD drivers.  They're finally up to snuff.
  --
Where are these new GRADD drivers located????

Thanks....

Brent

  T ************************************************************ O

  A Ernest Christley        | "Yeah, but it isn't easy.", Simba. /
  M * ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/scrnsave/wpsav101.zip * 2

*************************************************************************************************************************
OS/2: Your brain.  Windows: Your brain on *.

Windows-95 is a 32 bit extension and graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition.

Department of Redundancy Department
*************************************************************************************************************************

Matrox Drivers

Post by Sebastian Vielhau » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

<snipped>

Wow, a one-line question wrapped in 36 lines of text, 20 lines of it
used for the sig! I'm so sorry I can only award you the 2nd price this
time. Tip: just bloat your .sig by another 40 lines and then try
again.

Sebastian

Matrox Drivers

Post by WOR » Mon, 06 Apr 1998 05:00:00

Quote:>Until then, try the newest GRADD drivers.  They're finally up to snuff.

How new is Newest?  and by up to snuff, do you mean they have a decent refresh
rate so that the screen doesn't flicker?  Also, do they support 1152x864?

Daniel M. Pomerantz

Matrox Drivers

Post by Jim Park » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> >Until then, try the newest GRADD drivers.  They're finally up to snuff.

> How new is Newest?

Ver 2.14.054 works great, don't know if there is a newer driver
Driver name is"za1t20a.exe"

Quote:>and by up to snuff, do you mean they have a decent refresh
> rate so that the screen doesn't flicker?  Also, do they support 1152x864?

Max res = 1600x1200x65536 or 1280x1024x16m

Below is information from an old posting.

[12/10/97] - New Matrox Driver

     There is a new Matrox driver available, v2.14.054. It is not
currently on Matrox's site, but you can get it from the IBM PC Company
(ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/commercial_desktop/za1t20a.exe) or
the
"NORLOFF" OS/2 BBS.

Jim Parker

Matrox Drivers

Post by Keith Medca » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>> >Until then, try the newest GRADD drivers.  They're finally up to snuff.
>> How new is Newest?
>Ver 2.14.054 works great, don't know if there is a newer driver
>Driver name is"za1t20a.exe"

These are "standard" drivers, not GRADD drivers.

Quote:>>and by up to snuff, do you mean they have a decent refresh
>> rate so that the screen doesn't flicker?  Also, do they support 1152x864?

The "standard" drivers support refresh rates beyond 60 Hz.  None of the
GRADD drivers for the Millenium support decent scan settings (nor all
possible resolutions).

Standard, Yes; GRADD, no *y way!

Quote:>Max res = 1600x1200x65536 or 1280x1024x16m
>Below is information from an old posting.
>[12/10/97] - New Matrox Driver
>     There is a new Matrox driver available, v2.14.054. It is not
>currently on Matrox's site, but you can get it from the IBM PC Company
>(ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/commercial_desktop/za1t20a.exe) or
>the
>"NORLOFF" OS/2 BBS.

Keith Medcalf      (416) 410-5791      http://www.veryComputer.com/
IBM OS/2, LAN Server, DB2/2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows, Windows NT
        (beware the spammer foiler in return address)

Matrox Drivers

Post by WOR » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Max res = 1600x1200x65536 or 1280x1024x16m

Do you run the Matrox Driver or the GRADD in that resolution?

Daniel M. Pomerantz

Matrox Drivers

Post by Jim Park » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> >Max res = 1600x1200x65536 or 1280x1024x16m

> Do you run the Matrox Driver or the GRADD in that resolution?

> Daniel M. Pomerantz

The Matrox driver (not GRADD) with a Matrox Mill II, 8 mb.

Jim Parker

1. Matrox Driver 2.02 install hosed Win Drivers

I just installed the most recent Matrox Millenium drivers on
Warp 3.0.  I have Warp for Windows set up in a
Bootmanager configuration where I can boot native
Windows from C: and Warp from D:

I am now unable to run native Windows.  Windows starts
but never gets past the Windows logo.  I believe the problem
is that the OS/2 install replaced some of the commands in
C:\MGA\SETUP and C:\MGA\CPANEL and those commands are incompatible
with the Windows native drivers.

I have downloaded the most recent Windows drivers (1.22) but cannot
install them as I cannot run Windows.  (This is a major hole in Matrox's
installation process)  I need a way to unpack
the .Z files in the driver download without running the
setup utility (or alternately, a way to download the
DRV and .386 files in already unpacked form).  As far as I can tell,
the .Z files are not in any standard compressed form.

I cannot afford to re-install Windows from scratch, as I have
highly customized it and it would take days to recreate it.
If anyone has a solution, or has installed the 1.22 version of the
Windows drivers successfully, and would be willing to send
me the unpacked .DRV and .386 files from \windows\system,
please e-mail me.

Thanks

Jim Garrison

2. FS:Unused 370-2067 Drives

3. Matrox drivers are finally here for OS/2

4. v8 open_V7 mode

5. Actix GE32 (S3 86C801) drivers?

6. new matrox drivers!

7. It Was Fob James' Fault