Why does OS/2 have more good mail programs than Winx?

Why does OS/2 have more good mail programs than Winx?

Post by Robt. Mille » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

 I'm surprised to see Win95 people looking for a real good mail program,
given that there's several of them for OS/2 and that the common wisdom is
that there are more application for Winx. Could it be that there're more
quality apps for OS/2 ?

                                -13013

via Warp/IAK
for live chat..

or
netchat 204.186.19.54
[REGISTER OS/2 SHAREWARE!]

Why does OS/2 have more good mail programs than Winx?

Post by Stev » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

:>
:> I'm surprised to see Win95 people looking for a real good mail program,
:>given that there's several of them for OS/2 and that the common wisdom is
:>that there are more application for Winx. Could it be that there're more
:>quality apps for OS/2 ?
:>
Robert:

My observation is that W95 apps are written for quantity
while OS/2 apps are written for quality.

Steve

______________________
Stephen Borsen
IBM OS/2 Warp V4
Orlando, Florida
Remove .nospam to reply
______________________

Post by Howard Polloc » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

:> I'm surprised to see Win95 people looking for a real good mail program,
:>given that there's several of them for OS/2 and that the common wisdom is
:>that there are more application for Winx. Could it be that there're more
:>quality apps for OS/2 ?
:>

I would certainly say that's true for mailers. Now also for news readers as
well with the arrival of Internet Aventurer, PMI News, Pro/News, News Beat,
Neologic and MR2/ICE. All take advantage of multi-threading (some more than
others). Try finding a Winx app to do that.

Kind Regards

Howard

Post by Christopher Sakezle » Mon, 30 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>:>
>:> I'm surprised to see Win95 people looking for a real good mail program,
>:>given that there's several of them for OS/2 and that the common wisdom is
>:>that there are more application for Winx. Could it be that there're more
>:>quality apps for OS/2 ?
>:>
>Robert:

>My observation is that W95 apps are written for quantity
>while OS/2 apps are written for quality.

>Steve

There are very strong graphics and email programs available for OS/2,
but in just about every other useful category win programs blow OS/2
away (in quantity and quality).

Christopher Sakezles
Materials Science and Engineering
University of Florida

Post by ozaG .S lua » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>>:>
>>:> I'm surprised to see Win95 people looking for a real good mail program,
>>:>given that there's several of them for OS/2 and that the common wisdom is
>>:>that there are more application for Winx. Could it be that there're more
>>:>quality apps for OS/2 ?
>>My observation is that W95 apps are written for quantity
>>while OS/2 apps are written for quality.
>There are very strong graphics and email programs available for OS/2,
>but in just about every other useful category win programs blow OS/2
>away (in quantity and quality).

        It is my observation that OS/2 lacks mainstream office-type packages,
which are probably the big drawing factors in a corporate purchase, and kicks
*in almost every other department.  OS/2 has _utilities_ that do things,
that tell you stuff, that reveal detail, that expose function, that offer
options.  Win95 is all about hiding the computer.  That's why OS/2 is
naturally suited for great E-mail and other productivity programs.

+=== e-mail address is backwards ========================================+
| Life is like an onion; layer upon layer upon layer, it leaves a bad    |
|   taste in your mouth, and it makes you want to cry.    -Pink          |
|==Member Team OS/2======================================================|
+=Web Site Construction Suspended FOREVER Due To Gov't Funding Cutbacks =+

1. A good newsreader and a good mail program

:>

:>:>I know this question has been asked a million times but, could someone please
:>:>direct me to a good newsreader and or mail program for OS/2. I'm using the
:>
:>Known OS/2 PM Mail and News Programms:
:>PMMAIL, current version 1.1 (My favorite).
:>Post Mail Reader.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, it is "Post Road Mailer".  :)

Xavier

2. Communicator concerns???

3. cname.txt

4. Why DOS comm program faster than OS/2 comm program

5. Pocke wmp 8.0 cannot play wma??

6. Is OS/2 a good dev. environment for dos/win programs?

7. Packet driver in DOS Session

8. OS/2 Programs, DOS Programs, Windows Programs

9. Good news/mail programs

10. Programming question: Why does getpid() return silly values under DOS?

11. Why is SVGA.EXE a DOS program?

12. Having a good time at the wake!