Unexpected DOS Error:23

Post by Gordon Newe » Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
Win32 bit support is loaded?

Any help kindly accepted . .

Gordon Newell
Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

Unexpected DOS Error:23

Post by redo.. » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
>it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

>Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
>Win32 bit support is loaded?

You get that error when its a native windoze 95 app.

R.D.
Dos, Windoze, Fat, 1980's technology.
OS2 Merlin "Where I Want To Go Tomorrow"
Merlin says, "Speak, I understand."

Unexpected DOS Error:23

Post by pbal.. » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
>it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

>Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
>Win32 bit support is loaded?

>Any help kindly accepted . .

>Gordon Newell
>Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
>Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
>Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

Unexpected DOS Error:23

Post by pbal.. » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
>it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

>Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
>Win32 bit support is loaded?

>Any help kindly accepted . .

>Gordon Newell
>Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
>Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
>Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

Gordon:

I have had similar experience.  Warp 4 has necessary driver to enable it to use
win32s but you must still load win32s package from win-os2 fullscreen.  The
file is in the windows directory on hobbes (w32s125.zip).  Once it is loaded
the app should come up fine.  Presuming of course its not a win95 application.....(!)

Hope this helps.

Philip Balmer

Unexpected DOS Error:23

Post by mad.. » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

DOS error 23 is for Win95 Apps, you can't run them if they are specifically compiled for Win95 or use Win32c (not Win32s).

Quote:

> I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
> it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

> Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
> Win32 bit support is loaded?

> Any help kindly accepted . .

> Gordon Newell
> Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
> Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
> Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

1. Unexpected DOS error:23

I'm receiving an "Unexpected DOS error:23" in a couple of windows
apps under WARP.  This happens in either windowed or full screen
mode.  I've installed corrective services XR0W005 and no help there.

Anyone with ideas or comments on this?  OS2 Warp is slowly taking
a front seat on our systems edging out Windows NT as a platform.  If
I could get around this, I'd whole heartedly endorse it...

Thanks,

Scott Baggett
Entre Computer Center, Data Applications, Inc.
Fayetteville, AR

2. connection rate

3. Unexpected DOS Error: 23.

4. ARRAY elements

5. WinDraft by IVEX, Unexpected Dos Error 23

6. Palm III & IBM Thinkpad 380 IR connectivity with W95

7. "Unexpected Dos error 23"

8. Who Dares Wins 1 requests

9. WINOS2: Unexpected DOS-error:23 - What is wrong?

10. Unexpected DOS error: 23

11. Mathcad 5.0+ : 'unexpected Dos Error :23'

12. Win-OS2: Unexpected DOS error: 23 ????

13. Unexpected DOS error: 23