PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by <fof » Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:00:00

After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):

A program caused an interger divide by zero
exception at 1be3e123
PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123
. . . . . . .

I unpacked the previous version of PMMERGE.DLL from the archive and
replaced the new FP #3 version with it. That solved the problem.

The new version of PMMERGE.DLL is dated 7/11/97
The old version (I assume from FP #1) is dated 1/24/97

Has anyone else encountered problems with the FP3 version of
PMMERGE.DLL. Needless to say, I don't know whether my fix will produce
other problems. So far, everything seems to be fine.
Jeffrey Ford, Cleveland State University

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by Alex Blai » Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:00:00

:>After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
:>Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
:>open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):
:>
:>A program caused an interger divide by zero
:>exception at 1be3e123
:>PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123
:>.. . . . . . .
:>
:>I unpacked the previous version of PMMERGE.DLL from the archive and
:>replaced the new FP #3 version with it. That solved the problem.
:>
:>The new version of PMMERGE.DLL is dated 7/11/97
:>The old version (I assume from FP #1) is dated 1/24/97
:>
:>Has anyone else encountered problems with the FP3 version of
:>PMMERGE.DLL. Needless to say, I don't know whether my fix will produce
:>other problems. So far, everything seems to be fine.
:>--
:>****************************************
:>Jeffrey Ford, Cleveland State University

:>****************************************

Jeffrey -

I just installed FP3 and have no problem with Word Pro. I read your post and
tried a few files without any errors.

My 2 cents.

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by Dave in Phoen » Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
>Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
>open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):
>A program caused an interger divide by zero
>exception at 1be3e123
>PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123

Oh Boy....me too!  Before FP3 I often crashed Describe with a PMATM.DLL
0001:00037901 message and sometimes a PMMERGE crash on Netscape.  Now with
FP3 Desribe seems to work but Wordpro crashes just like yours.... (sigh).

I'm about to give up on OS/2 anyway since so many newer best programs only
run on WIN95/NT....which also have their own problems..... But with every
OS/2 crash I keep leaning more to dumping it after many years!

Dave, Liberated Christians, Phoenix AZ
NEW:  Christian Poly Resource Center at www.libchrist.com
Promoting Intimacy & Other-Centered Loving *ity / Exposing False Biblical Interpretations

Over 3000 now subscribe to Newsletter
Free Report:Sybian for Maximum G-spot *s for womens pleasure and therapy.

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by void » Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:00:00

+-----
| Oh Boy....me too!  Before FP3 I often crashed Describe with a PMATM.DLL
| 0001:00037901 message and sometimes a PMMERGE crash on Netscape.  Now with
| FP3 Desribe seems to work but Wordpro crashes just like yours.... (sigh).
+--->8

I got tired of Word Pro sometimes trapping my video driver and *always*
causing Win-OS/2 to trap my system long before FP3; that translates to "dump
WordPro".  Or maybe "dump that broken Open32 *that Lotus insists on using
in lieu of writing native code because Jeff Papows doesn't have a clue about
which company he works for".

(There are three copies of your rant in this newsgroup and other copies in
other newsgroups.  Are we supposed to miss you or something?)

--

cleveland, ohio              mr/2 ice's "rfc guru" :-)           FORZA CREW!
Warpstock '97:  OS/2 for the rest of us!  http://www.veryComputer.com/

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by Keith Irwi » Mon, 25 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 > After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
 > Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
 > open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):
 > A program caused an interger divide by zero
 > exception at 1be3e123
 > PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123

My TurdPro seems to work fine.  Did you ever get that update Lotus posted
some time ago?  I remember having lots of probs until I applied that.  Maybe
that's the prob?

-K ()

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by Clark Tompset » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

:>>

:>>

:>>
:>>  > After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
:>>  > Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
:>>  > open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):
:>>  > A program caused an interger divide by zero
:>>  > exception at 1be3e123
:>>  > PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123
:>>
:>> My TurdPro seems to work fine.  Did you ever get that update Lotus posted
:>> some time ago?  I remember having lots of probs until I applied that.  Maybe
:>> that's the prob?
:>>
:>> -K ()
:>
:>About how long ago would that Lotus post have been? I just did my first
:>Word Pro install last week (from upgrade CD received in the spring)
:>after applying FP1 the week before. I would hate to have FP3*it up
:>before I figured out how it was supposed to work in the first place.
:>--
:>Team OS/2
:>FIx ADDRESs To REPLy.
:>
WordPro 96 works fine on my machine with FP3.  NO problems found yet.

Clark

PMMERGE.DLL in FP#3

Post by la.. » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>:>>

>:>>

>:>>
>:>>  > After installing Fixpak 3, I found that I could not open files in
>:>>  > Wordpro 96. The application opened properly, but whenever I tried to
>:>>  > open a file, the program terminated with the error message (in part):
>:>>  > A program caused an interger divide by zero
>:>>  > exception at 1be3e123
>:>>  > PMMERGE.DLL 0004:0013e123
>:>>
>:>> My TurdPro seems to work fine.  Did you ever get that update Lotus posted
>:>> some time ago?  I remember having lots of probs until I applied that.  Maybe
>:>> that's the prob?
>:>>
>:>> -K ()
>:>
>:>About how long ago would that Lotus post have been? I just did my first
>:>Word Pro install last week (from upgrade CD received in the spring)
>:>after applying FP1 the week before. I would hate to have FP3*it up
>:>before I figured out how it was supposed to work in the first place.
>:>--
>:>Team OS/2
>:>FIx ADDRESs To REPLy.
>:>
>WordPro 96 works fine on my machine with FP3.  NO problems found yet.

>Clark

I don't use WordPro but when I open the System Error Log I find that I am having multiple PMMERGE errors everyday since installing FP3

1. FP exception in PMMERGE.DLL during GpiPointArc

All,

I am getting a "floating point underflow" exception in PMMERGE.DLL
(OS/2 PM hexdump window) during a call to GpiPointArc.  The problem
seems to occur only when the (p,s) point in the ARCPARAMS lies on the
45 degree axis (e.g. p == s).  Other combinations work as expected.

The values I have tried are listed below.  Anybody else seen this?
I am running Warp 4.0, FP 9, with an ATI Mach64-based Expert98, using
ATI's 4.35 drivers (from leo ftp site).

lP      lQ      lR      lS
-----------------------------
1       1       0       0       OK
2       2       0       0       ok
2       2       -2      2       exception
20      20      0       0       OK

40      40      -39     39      OK
40      40      -41     41      OK
40      40      -40     40      exception
40      40      0       40      exception
40      40      -40     0       OK

Kenn Heinrich
OS/2 guy, hardware designer, and proud of it!

2. Basic problems with MiKTeX

3. Function of seamless.dll and pmmerge.dll

4. DYnalink TAS100H

5. SYS3171, PMMERGE.DLL, Install Failure, IBM Support Failure

6. CD Records

7. Netscape closes with a reference to PMMERGE.DLL

8. Make Ca$h !!!

9. pmmerge.dll & Describe

10. Sys3175 error in pmmerge.dll (using Arcadia PIM)

11. PMMERGE.DLL

12. PMMERGE.DLL Where is the most current version?

13. PMMERGE.DLL update