Right Mouse Button Not Working

Post by Robert Mowl » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I've run into a strange and Warped problem and I'm posting it here
because I think it has to do with Dualstore.

My right mouse button no longer works on the desktop to bring up any
menus.  It is still working in some applications though.  This seemed
to happen after I installed Dualstore (V2.0), loaded it then quit
the application.

So here I am trying to back up my system and it causes more trouble! >-|

HELP!

I have an ASUS 486DX2-66, 16MB, Diamond Video Card, Warp redbox.

Rob

Post by David Charl » Tue, 02 May 1995 04:00:00

>My right mouse button no longer works on the desktop to bring up any
>menus.  It is still working in some applications though.  This seemed
>to happen after I installed Dualstore (V2.0), loaded it then quit
>the application.

Did you play with the double-click time?  If the mouse button is held
down for longer than the double-click interval, menus don't pop up.
If you sped up your double-click time, you might not be releasing the
button fast enough.

This happened to me once.  It was quite annoying before I figured it
out.

Does the mouse button work in other contexts?  Can you use it to drag
icons around?  If yes, then check the double-click time.  If no, I'd
check your mouse hardware.  First be sure it's properly plugged in,
and second, try replacing it.  A cheap mouse will cost $10-$15.

(I have had mouse buttons wear out on me.  And since the failures
start out as intermittant, you often don't notice the problem until
you install some new software package - when you're expecting bugs.
This happened to me twice - I noticed the bad mouse after upgrading
OS/2, thought OS/2 was broken, and got really worried when the problem
didn't disappear after going back to the previous version.)

---------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
David Charlap        | The contents of this message are not the opinions of

Visix Software, Inc. +--------------------------------------------------------
Member of Team-OS/2  |
---------------------+

1. Mouse double right click does not work anymore

I don't know exactly what I have done, but I can no longer get to settings for
most objects, or get to system shutdown because of this problem.  I downloaded
and installed fixpac 17 yesterday in an effort to fix this, but it did not
help.  Any Ideas?

2. problems with computer

3. No right mouse button menu in Netscape/2

4. IMAP4 and Activesync Inboxes

5. Weird right mouse-button problem

6. Duplicate items??

7. Losing right mouse button

8. MakeAlias 1.1 reply

9. Swapping right mouse button; possible?

10. WEB & RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON?

11. Keyboard equivalent of right mouse button?

12. Adding extra pop up menu items to all right mouse button menus

13. Adding an extra menu item to all right mouse button menus