Graphics program needed

Post by Richard Kimb » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a (not too expensive) graphics program that will enable me
to produce 3D text effects, shadows etc., and that will run under OS/2,
Win-OS2, or DOS.  I have seen adverts for a program called Instant 3D which
seems to do what I want, but it also seems to be only for Windoze 95.

I should be grateful for any suggestions.

- Richard.
=== Political Science Resources:  http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/po/psr.htm ====

Department of Politics, University of Keele, Keele, Staffs., UK, ST5 5BG.
Tel: 01782 583353 (direct), or 01782 583452 (messages)
Fax: 01782 583452

Graphics program needed

Post by Benjamin Bra » Wed, 27 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>I am looking for a (not too expensive) graphics program that will enable me
>to produce 3D text effects, shadows etc., and that will run under OS/2,
>Win-OS2, or DOS.  I have seen adverts for a program called Instant 3D which
>seems to do what I want, but it also seems to be only for Windoze 95.

>I should be grateful for any suggestions.

>- Richard.
>=== Political Science Resources:  http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/po/psr.htm ====

>Department of Politics, University of Keele, Keele, Staffs., UK, ST5 5BG.
>Tel: 01782 583353 (direct), or 01782 583452 (messages)
>Fax: 01782 583452

Also, check out NeoN3D.  It is sold by Indelible Blue, although it isn't
cheap (about $800, I think). There is a good demo available for download,
but I don't know where.  I last saw it on David Barnes' home page.  You
might try Team OS/2...

Benjamin Braun

Graphics program needed

Post by Trevor » Fri, 29 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>>I am looking for a (not too expensive) graphics program that will enable me
>>to produce 3D text effects, shadows etc., and that will run under OS/2,

>Also, check out NeoN3D.  It is sold by Indelible Blue, although it isn't
>cheap (about $800, I think). There is a good demo available for download,
>but I don't know where.  I last saw it on David Barnes' home page.  You
>might try Team OS/2...

Neon's home page is http://www.neongraphix.com/

You're right it's not cheap but it looks NICE!  You might also want to check
out POV-Ray which is freeware, comes in an OS/2 version but is not the
easiest thing in the world to use.  I understand there are front ends for it but
have not used them.  BTW, povray is what we use to do the miscellaneous
"decorative" graphics for e-Zine! including the logo.

Trevor Smith
editor, OS/2 e-Zine!

Haligonian Media        |  http://www.haligonian.com/os2/

Publishers of OS/2 e-Zine! - The best OS/2 reading anywhere.

1. WANTED: graphics program for specific need

Can someone recommend a shareware graphics program that will enable
me to solve the following problem.  There are so many graphics programs
for DOS and/or OS/2 on SIMTEL and HOBBES and GARBO ... which one will
do the job ??

I will scan in a section of graphics, about 2 inchs by 1 inch, into a
TIFF or PCX format.  I then need to repeatedly bring that into the
graphics program, aligning each copy of it along side and below previous
copies.  The result needs to print to an HP LaserJet II (clone) printer
on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.  Thus the graphics program needs to be able
to read TIFF or PCX; have grid and/or location indicators for alignment;
and output to the laserjet.

Can someone tell me which program(s) will do this ?

        Thanks.

--

    --> Jesus loves you, and died for you; thank Him today. <--

2. FAO JONATHON K - Messenger logged in else where

3. need a good graphics program

4. high data rate RAS connexion

5. Need OS/2 Power Point or Harvard /Graphics like program

6. Password Generators.

7. 3a, 3c, Siena keyboards

8. Need program to plot X-Y data to graphic file

9. Need OS/2 Power Point or Harvard /Graphics like program

10. Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

11. Need a program to start programs.

12. 1st Look: JBrushPro Java Graphic Program