Q: Which graphics conversion program?

Post by Jussi Piekka » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Is there any graphics conversion programs for OS/2?

Mainly I am looking for a way to convert PostScript files to GIF.
I also need tools for changing the size and lay-out of the converted
picture. It would also be nice to have tools for manipulations after
the conversion.

I know that GhostScript is capabel to do the conversion. But I would
also like to have the manipulation tools.

Q: Which graphics conversion program?

Post by ir005.. » Mon, 01 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:i Piekkala) writes:

:>
:>Is there any graphics conversion programs for OS/2?
:>
:>Mainly I am looking for a way to convert PostScript files to GIF.
:>I also need tools for changing the size and lay-out of the converted
:>picture. It would also be nice to have tools for manipulations after
:>the conversion.
:>
:>I know that GhostScript is capabel to do the conversion. But I would
:>also like to have the manipulation tools.
:>

Well, yes, there are a number of graphics viewer/conversion programs out
there for OS/2.  Three that spring to mind are PMView, PMJpeg, and Galleria.
I don't know if they are capable of converting PostScript files to GIF, but
they do all kinds of other conversions.  They also have all kinds of tools to
fool with the image, cut, copy, crop, invert, contrast, brightness, rotate,
paste.... PMView and PMJpeg are shareware, don't know about Galleria, but I
think it is also.

-Jeff

Q: Which graphics conversion program?

Post by Peter Kme » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

-> Subject: Re: Q: Which graphics conversion program?
->

-> :>
-> :>Is there any graphics conversion programs for OS/2?
-> :>
-> :>Mainly I am looking for a way to convert PostScript files to GIF.
-> :>I also need tools for changing the size and lay-out of the converte
-> :>picture. It would also be nice to have tools for manipulations afte
-> :>the conversion.
-> :>
-> :>I know that GhostScript is capabel to do the conversion. But I
-> would :>also like to have the manipulation tools.
-> :>
->
->
-> Well, yes, there are a number of graphics viewer/conversion programs
-> there for OS/2.  Three that spring to mind are PMView, PMJpeg, and Ga
-> I don't know if they are capable of converting PostScript files to GI
-> they do all kinds of other conversions.  They also have all kinds of
-> fool with the image, cut, copy, crop, invert, contrast, brightness, r
-> paste.... PMView and PMJpeg are shareware, don't know about Galleria,
-> think it is also.
->
-> -Jeff
I'm pretty sure PMVIEW can convert PostScript files.  I remember
doing it for a jobsite a couple months back.  Pretty sure we used
PMVIEW.

PK

1. Graphics conversion programs

Hi.

Anybody know where I can find a program that converts from GIF to BMP and
JPG to BMP from the command line?  I saw one on hobbes called GIF2BMP but
it's OLD and doesn't seem to work very well.

Any help would be appreciated.  If there's no such program, where can I find
the file formats for the GIF, BMP, and JPG formats?

Thanks

2. How do you force a modem to negotiate a connection?

3. Graphic file conversion needed

4. Alone in Dark on Amiga? (speculation)

5. Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

6. NET-SNMP Agent Toolkit

7. Graphic format conversion software

8. Web service exception

9. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!

10. Graphics Conversion Package for OS/2

11. Graphics Conversion: GIF|JPEG --> BMP --> shows up good, but hope to do better

12. Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

13. Graphics Conversion Utilities