Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by isosm.. » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone else seen this one??

Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of
-the-box Warp 4 + CPP + DB2 installed. This is a real shame since I put a lot
of work into building an application under Warp 3. It's not as if we have much
choice either......DBE is about the only option in OS/2. I mean.... figuring out DB/2
is like getting a brain transplant and once you do it...... they take your only
front end. Life sucks now!

Any help would be gratefully accepted

Regards

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by Sam » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

writes:
:>
:>Has anyone else seen this one??
:>
:>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
:>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of
:>-the-box Warp 4 + CPP + DB2 installed. This is a real shame since I put a lot
:>of work into building an application under Warp 3. It's not as if we have much
:>choice either......DBE is about the only option in OS/2. I mean.... figuring out DB/2
:>is like getting a brain transplant and once you do it...... they take your only
:>front end. Life sucks now!
:>
:>Any help would be gratefully accepted
:>
:>Regards

Works fine here. It sounds like there is a problem with your ODBC drivers.
Did you move your dbexpert directory to a new location??

Regards,

Sam Wu

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by C » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I had a similar problem. Updating to DBE 2.0.2 fixed it for me.

Quote:>Has anyone else seen this one??

>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of
>-the-box Warp 4 + CPP + DB2 installed. This is a real shame since I put a lot
>of work into building an application under Warp 3. It's not as if we have much
>choice either......DBE is about the only option in OS/2. I mean.... figuring out DB/2
>is like getting a brain transplant and once you do it...... they take your only
>front end. Life sucks now!

>Any help would be gratefully accepted

>Regards

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by jdel.. » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>Has anyone else seen this one??

>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of
>-the-box Warp 4 + CPP + DB2 installed. This is a real shame since I put a lot
>of work into building an application under Warp 3. It's not as if we have much
>choice either......DBE is about the only option in OS/2. I mean.... figuring out DB/2
>is like getting a brain transplant and once you do it...... they take your only
>front end. Life sucks now!

>Any help would be gratefully accepted

>Regards

Works OK here, but is not able to access DB2/2 views and also has got bugs in the SQL when joining tables.
Jan

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by ddem.. » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>Has anyone else seen this one??

>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of

I don't remember if this was the exact problem, but I recall that when I
went from Warp 3 -> 4 it quit working and needed a reinstall. Don't know
why, since nothing else did.

__________________________________
David Demmer
Ontario Laser & Lightwave Research Centre

http://www.ollrc.on.ca

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by Tod Morco » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>>Has anyone else seen this one??

>>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
>>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of

>I don't remember if this was the exact problem, but I recall that when I
>went from Warp 3 -> 4 it quit working and needed a reinstall. Don't know
>why, since nothing else did.

>__________________________________
>David Demmer
>Ontario Laser & Lightwave Research Centre

>http://www.ollrc.on.ca

Mine locked up also because I forgot to logon on and then start DB/2.
When I did that the everything worked ok.

Tod Morcott
Consultant: OS/2 Programming
2303 Louis Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
415-856-6771

Dbexpert won't run in Merlin

Post by isosm.. » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>>>Has anyone else seen this one??

>>>Every time I start DBE and open any table in Warp 4 the CPU gets socked to
>>>100%.  Is this a commonly observed bug or is it something local? I have out-of

>>I don't remember if this was the exact problem, but I recall that when I
>>went from Warp 3 -> 4 it quit working and needed a reinstall. Don't know
>>why, since nothing else did.

>>__________________________________
>>David Demmer
>>Ontario Laser & Lightwave Research Centre

>>http://www.ollrc.on.ca

>Mine locked up also because I forgot to logon on and then start DB/2.
>When I did that the everything worked ok.

>Tod Morcott
>Consultant: OS/2 Programming
>2303 Louis Road
>Palo Alto, CA 94303
>415-856-6771

........AHA!  Thanks for your help everyone but I think I found the offending
smell.   When you buy DB/2 for OS/2(the new refreshed one!) there is a free
copy of Lotus approach for win3.1 When you install its (Approach's)ODBC drivers
the C:\ODBC directory somehow becomes corrupt. By deleting this directory
and all of its subdirectories the DBExpert started working again!!!!!!
Go Figure.....Joy,Joy

regards Brian

1. 'WIN-OS2 won't run in background??' ->Solution

I posted a problem here some while ago that when I switched out of a
full-screen WIN-OS2 session {Warp v3.0} it stopped running, even though I had
'BACKGROUND_EXECUTION=ON' in the WIN-OS2 settings.  I received a lot of
helpful suggestions then and wanted to share the solution, which I have only
just stumbled on to by chance.

The solution seems to be that, although in the WIN-OS2 settings I had
VIDEO_ONDEMAND_MEMORY=ON, I also had VIDEO_SWITCH_NOTIFICATION=OFF.  As soon
as I changed this to 'ON' WIN-OS2 started to continue to run in background,
as I wanted.  {Also, the window switching between the WIN-OS2 and Desktop
displays seems(??) to be a lot quicker now.}

I hope someone else can also benefit from this knowledge.
--
Michael Moliver

2. Selecting random rows with MySQL 3.22?

3. Merlin's Win-OS/2 won't let me print!

4. CD-ROM drivers for VxWorks on Pentium

5. Merlin & Win-OS/2 running Networked Win Apps

6. Q: Adobe *screen* fonts distributable?

7. The PowerPC isn't done 'till NT won't run.

8. Equivalent to "msconfig" in W2000

9. MSWord 6.0 and Excel won't run under Win-OS

10. Win OS/2 won't work when TCP running

11. WIN/OS2 problems, won't run after motherboard replacement

12. Moved Win-OS2 directory, now it won't run...

13. Myst won't run under Win-OS/2...