Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by Wes Lew » Mon, 02 Jan 1995 02:57:47

 -=> A Ferengi lip-reader caught Joseph Bevilacqua mouthing to All: <=-

 JB>  JB> The first time I installed OS/2 2.1 last February I installed
the  JB> Enhanced Editor, but thought it was pretty useless and a bit
 JB> confusing,  so I took it off and never loaded again.  The system
editor
 JB> seems  enough, especially since I have a word processor program
too.  JB> Can  anyone explain in detail what is the purpose of the
Enhanced
 JB> Editor and  why I need it?  JB>  JB> -!-
 JB>  ! Origin: Dallas/Ft.Worth Usenet Gateway (1:124/2206.0)

I like it because it will print files (unlike the system
editor)....especially useful when tinkering with config.sys, etc....

... Lottery: A tax on people who don't understand statistics.
 * Origin: * MacSavvy * Dallas * Mac * OS/2 * (214)250-4479 * (1:124/1208)

Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by Darrel B Riekh » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 15:59:43

Quote:>too.  JB> Can  anyone explain in detail what is the purpose of the
>Enhanced
> JB> Editor and  why I need it?  JB>  JB> -!-
> JB>  ! Origin: Dallas/Ft.Worth Usenet Gateway (1:124/2206.0)

It's a programmer's editor.  It can recognize some C and REXX syntax and help
with indenting and loops.  The next version is also supposed to support
keyword highlighting.  It's also highly customizable.

Personally, I can't stand the stupid system editor.  Whenever you save a
file it always prompts you for what kind of file it is.  What a pain.

Darrel

Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by paul gron » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 00:01:23

: >too.  JB> Can  anyone explain in detail what is the purpose of the
: >Enhanced
: > JB> Editor and  why I need it?  JB>  JB> -!-
: > JB>  ! Origin: Dallas/Ft.Worth Usenet Gateway (1:124/2206.0)
: >

I use it for editing TeX files, with the epmTeX add ons.  Much faster and
simpler to setup than emacs.  Since I've been learning it, I use it for
newsreader and mailer editing as well.

Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by mb.. » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 21:34:56

        If you have the TCP/IP package it also has a spell checker. I don't
know the spell checker comes as part of the IAK in WARP though. Anyway
it is no big deal to turn it on in EPM if it isn't in the IAK. You will need to
get the US.DCT from someone though, which isn't small.

Mark

Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by Jeff Kirv » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 01:48:00

Quote:> -=> A Ferengi lip-reader caught Joseph Bevilacqua mouthing to All: <=-

> JB>  JB> The first time I installed OS/2 2.1 last February I installed
>the  JB> Enhanced Editor, but thought it was pretty useless and a bit
> JB> confusing,  so I took it off and never loaded again.  The system
>editor
> JB> seems  enough, especially since I have a word processor program
>too.  JB> Can  anyone explain in detail what is the purpose of the
>Enhanced
> JB> Editor and  why I need it?  JB>  JB> -!-
> JB>  ! Origin: Dallas/Ft.Worth Usenet Gateway (1:124/2206.0)

>I like it because it will print files (unlike the system
>editor)....especially useful when tinkering with config.sys, etc....

What's wrong with dragging files to the printer, or using theor pop-up
Print option, etc.? If you're using the WPS (as opposed to Filebar, PC2,
etc.) EPM is really not needed.

Disclaimer: I do _not_ speak for the United States Air Force...

Enhanced Editor? Why?

Post by Albert Cros » Wed, 11 Jan 1995 22:09:47

>        If you have the TCP/IP package it also has a spell checker. I don't
>know the spell checker comes as part of the IAK in WARP though. Anyway
>it is no big deal to turn it on in EPM if it isn't in the IAK. You will need to
>get the US.DCT from someone though, which isn't small.

Oficially, that "someone" is IBM.  The spell checker and thesarus for EPM
aren't available for official distribution.

Prior to the Bonus Pack, I always used to say that EPM deserved nomination
for the best application included free with an operating system.  If you're
a programmer, it's a powerful flexible editor.

Albert
--
Albert Crosby          | Microcomputer & Network Support | IBM Certified

1 501 575 4452         |     College of Agriculture And  |   Lan Server
=======Team OS/2=======|       Home Economics            |    Administrator*

1. OS/2 system editor and enhanced editor has copy and paste size limit why?

Why does os/2 system editor and enhanced editor have a copy and paste
size limit.  This reminds me of my window 3.1 day.  Does anyone know
if the new enhanced 6.03a version also has this copy and paste size
limit?  Please email and post.

Running OS/2 Warp Connect and NT 3.51

2. New version of CamTrack

3. BETA: Enhanced E & Enhanced EE Editors v.05

4. Dec Alph and VC++

5. Enhanced editor assigned as system editor

6. HotLinks

7. Enhance Enchanced Editor (EPM)

8. flight planner file needed please

9. Object Desktop Enhanced Data File editor from command line?

10. Tips for Enhanced Editor from OS/2 Mag

11. Configuring Enhanced Editor

12. Current version of Enhanced Editor?

13. minimizing enhanced editor...