cut n paste with enhanced editor...

Post by Wally Crap » Tue, 28 Sep 1993 06:26:50

I was just trying to cut from procom plus for windos and paste
to the enhanced editor and it told me there was an error
in the clipboard.  But when I tried to paste to the system
editor, it worked fine...

any thoughts?

Post by Jack T » Wed, 29 Sep 1993 15:34:30

> I was just trying to cut from procom plus for windos and paste
> to the enhanced editor and it told me there was an error
> in the clipboard.  But when I tried to paste to the system
> editor, it worked fine...

I'm not sure about this case, but you sometimes need to watch the format
of the clipboard contents.  For example, Word for Windows outputs text by
default in the Rich Text Format (RTF), according to the OS/2 Clipboard
Viewer.  To be able to paste text to the EPM Editor, you need to render
the clipboard contents to 'Text' before you can paste.  Rendering is
selected via the 'Render' option under 'Display' for the Clipboard Viewer.

--

Jack Tan

[TEAM OS/2]

1. OS/2 system editor and enhanced editor has copy and paste size limit why?

Why does os/2 system editor and enhanced editor have a copy and paste
size limit.  This reminds me of my window 3.1 day.  Does anyone know
if the new enhanced 6.03a version also has this copy and paste size
limit?  Please email and post.

Running OS/2 Warp Connect and NT 3.51

2. Crime Time help needed!

3. cut and paste from os2 system editor

4. Tory Board

5. BETA: Enhanced E & Enhanced EE Editors v.05

6. XLT Transformation

7. Enhanced editor assigned as system editor

8. Hi how to do this

9. Cut/Copy/Paste Observation on FixPak1

10. Can you cut/paste DOS stuff in OS/2?

11. Cutting and pasting between apps in WinOS/2

12. Suggestions for Merlin: "CUT AND PASTE"

13. DESCRIBE - CUT AND PASTE