The new PPP and PPP.CFG - how to do it?

Post by Paul G. Sto » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 06:53:58

I ftp'd the new PPP.ZIP the other day and spent some time in trying to set it
up to work from the command line.  The result has been total failure.

Does anybody have a clue as to how to setup a PPP.CFG file to work with
PPP.EXE?????

I currently use SLIP from the command line, but so far I haven't been able to
figure out what PPP.EXE is looking for in PPP.CFG.  It completely chokes on
any variant of SLIP.CFG that I've tried.

I know somebody is going to ask, so no, I don't really want to use SLIPPM if
I can instead use a command line setup. ;)

---------------------
Paul G. Stout

The new PPP and PPP.CFG - how to do it?

Post by Tom Ne » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 09:18:07

Quote:>Does anybody have a clue as to how to setup a PPP.CFG file to work with
>PPP.EXE?????

There are no docs for it that I know of -- I fiddled with it briefly until
I realized it wasn't needed.

Quote:>I know somebody is going to ask, so no, I don't really want to use SLIPPM if
>I can instead use a command line setup. ;)

Fine, if you want to use a command line setup then USE it!  Everything
you need is available as a keyword parameter; you don't need PPP.CFG.
For example I use

        ppp.exe com1 rtscts defaultroute connect "fonppp.cmd" idle 15 mru 1500

where fonppp.cmd is a version of my old SLIP script that says PPP
instead and gets out after sending the password.  Change all the
slip_xxx REXX functions to ppp_xxx.  Everything else is automatic.
--

1. PPP ppp.cfg file format...

Personally I can't stand GUI tools for somethings and TCP/IP is one of them.
I've got my slip.cfg set-up for slip.exe, but what is the format of the
ppp.cfg for ppp.exe. It obviously looks for one, I just can't figure out how
to make a "right" one. Any ideas?

Brian Macy

2. how use external filter?

3. wanted: synthax for ppp.cfg

4. intern looking for a job

5. help: example of ppp.cfg

6. DirextX9 projects not supported in VS2003 ?

7. ppp.cfg format

8. Convert documents

9. ppp.cfg?

10. PPP + PPP problems on OS/2 PPP server

11. New PPP on ftp.ibm.net /pub/PPP

12. Problems after ***PPP*** upgrade over PPP Gamma...

13. Help!!! PPP w/SUNYAB ppp server