Graphic file conversion needed

Post by Doug Robins » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Doug Robinson

Post by Marty L. William » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

:>Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
:>another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.
:>
:>Thanks in advance,
:>Doug Robinson
:>
:>
:>

Not sure what you mean by metafile but PMView understands Winblows BMP and
cursor formats amoung many others.

Post by Manfred Agn » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
> another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.

Xact wasn't really designed for this, but it will
do what you want. There's a free demo version on
Hobbes (Xact50*.zip), but as I can't reach the US at
the moment I can't give you the full URL.

A german version can be found at
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/os2/leo/demos/xact50gr.zip

To convert your WMF using the german version start Xact, if
a table pops up chose DATEI -> NEU -> GRAFIK. In the graphics
window, select DATEI -> IMPORT and doubleclick on the file you
want to convert. Scale it to the desired size.
Then select DATEI -> EXPORT -> TIF (or whatever you like)
and don't forget to  set color depth and resolution.

You could also try
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/os2/leo/graphics/kvec_os2.zip
I haven't tried this one though.

Hope this helps.

Manfred.

Post by Uli Wortman » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
> another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.

I tkink, there is a fully functional (but time limted) demo of xact5.0
at hobbes. It does what you want. However, right now, it is still
in german.

        Uli
--
        Uli Wortmann
        Dept. of Geology       Fax (Switzerland) (1) 632  1080

Post by Shaw » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>:>Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
>:>another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.

>Not sure what you mean by metafile but PMView understands Winblows BMP and
>cursor formats amoung many others.

"Metafile" formats are typically vector-based drawings, as opposed to
pixel(?)-based drawings like BMP/GIF/JPG/etc.  Two of the more popular
metafile formats are CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) and WMF (Windows
MetaFile).  I do not know for sure of a native OS/2 program that handles them
but I would expect Colorworks to do so.  PMJpeg is my viewer of choice, but
it does not handle metafiles.

OnLineCities           Community advertising
                               on the Internet.

http://www.onlinecities.eskimo.net/

Graphic file conversion needed

Post by wman.. » Mon, 07 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know of an OS/2 program that will convert Windows MetaFiles to
>another format (i.e. TIF)? Really need the capability ASAP.

>Thanks in advance,
>Doug Robinson

Doug,
        Not really sure what a WinDoze "metafile" is, so I'm not sure this is good
advice.  However, I've been using PMJPEG for quite a while now, and it does most
of the desired conversions.  It's shareware, and you can get a copy for either OS/2
or WinDoze for free, and see if it does what you need.  Use one of the search
engines and look for WinJPEG or PMJpeg.  The two guys who wrote it, Ken and
Norman Yee, have a website where you can download it.  I've been just tickled
silly with the program.  If you like it, and it does the job for you, even the
registration fee is extremely reasonable.
        Don Manyette

1. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!

Somebody PLEASE help me on this:

How do I convert BMPs to ICOs? I've seen some 256 color  ICOs and I'd like to
make some myself but I CAN'T convert 256 color BMPs to 256 color ICOs. Is there
a utility I can use or some method or something? This is driving me nuts...somebody help!

Thanks
Jim

2. Mysql by itself? [err: 10061]

3. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!!

4. WARNING to buyers in the OTTAWA area (Ontario, Canada)

5. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!

6. Value America - amazing!

7. Conversion of Graphics files into formats READABLE by OS/2

8. Any rumors about color Palm VII?

9. OS/2 Meta file conversion needed

10. Young Lady needs file conversion help

11. Need Graphic Editor for PCX files

12. Need program to plot X-Y data to graphic file

13. Graphic format conversion software