Does IBM Dial-Up for TCP/IP work with WINOS2 Programs?

Does IBM Dial-Up for TCP/IP work with WINOS2 Programs?

Post by vtorr.. » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Can the IBM Dial-Up for TCP/IP be made to run with WINOS2 programs such as
browsers, FTPs, etc? Would you really be kind and provide the steps necessary
to do this. Running Warp with WINOS2 with fixpak 17.

Thanks bunches, Victor

Post by M.Falsetti aka InvernoMut » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Can the IBM Dial-Up for TCP/IP be made to run with WINOS2 programs such
>as browsers, FTPs, etc? Would you really be kind and provide the steps
>necessary to do this. Running Warp with WINOS2 with fixpak 17.

Well ...I've got W.CNNCT w/winos/2 and I didn't make a single step to
achieve this .... simply be sure that you've got tcpip virtual support in
dos sessions in your config.sys like device lines, then set working dir
in every program object as tcpip\dos\bin .....

Invy

Post by William Harv » Fri, 21 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Can the IBM Dial-Up for TCP/IP be made to run with WINOS2 programs such as
>browsers, FTPs, etc? Would you really be kind and provide the steps necessary
>to do this. Running Warp with WINOS2 with fixpak 17.
>Thanks bunches, Victor

Nothing to it. Just copy the winsock.dll that comes with Warp to your
windows\system directory, log in and use your program. While I use os2
software for most online activities I still much prefer FreeAgent.
Works great.

William

http://www.texas.net/~wharvey
team-OS2