Need help redirecting LPT1 to COM port

Post by Richard Johns » Sun, 10 May 1992 06:17:08

I've got OS/2 up and running on the following:

        EPSON 386/20
        8 Mb Memory
        Paradise VGA
        90 Mb ESDI Drive
        2 serial ports

However, I can't print.  I looked through the on-line help and command
reference and verified that the following is in my CONFIG.SYS:

        DEVICE=C:\OS2\COM.SYS
        DEVICE=C:\OS2\MDOS\VCOM.SYS

I have COM1 as a line to our campus mainframe, and I can connect just fine.

The help for the Printer Driver mentions that if I select a port under
output I should be able to pop up a "Redirect" menu.  I only get settings.

I then tried to set the spool from the OS/2 command prompt:

Quote:>MODE COM2:96,N,8,1
>SPOOL /D:LPT1 /O:COM2

SYS1434:The system cannot find the output device specified.

In the DOS box, the mode commands returns some message not found error.

Now, using a VMDISK, I *can* print to COM2 using the MS-DOS v5 mode
command.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/help.  Thanks.

--
Richard Johnson          (818) 985-BEAR          NBCS:  B3/4 f+ g++ c+ w e

1. Need Utility to allow WINos2 to redirect COM port

Using OS/2 on a LAN workstation, and need to use various dos/windows
apps in a WIN/OS2 environment.  Modems are not attached directly to
the workstations, but are attached to the LAN server, used as modem
pooling.  WARP can redirect com ports, but WINos2 apparently can not.
Are there any utilities available for this?

Thanx.
(Remove the REMOVE from my email address to reply-thanx)

2. Merlin's Cavern 4/6/00 Update (Pascal Source Code)

3. Help Redirect lpt1 to File?

4. Fifth OOPSLA workshop on behavioral semantics

5. Help! Need com port help

6. problem in booting of O2

7. redirecting os/2 shell to com port?

8. Let me introduce myself.

9. Code/program to redirect COM ports?

10. SLIPPM on redirected com port?

11. Redirect COM ports to a terminal server and modem rack via tcp/ip

12. PPP with redirected com port

13. Need a program calle UNFOLD.COM, to convert DUMP.COM output back to *.COM format HELP