Mouse double right click does not work anymore

Mouse double right click does not work anymore

Post by eujo.. » Tue, 30 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I don't know exactly what I have done, but I can no longer get to settings for
most objects, or get to system shutdown because of this problem.  I downloaded
and installed fixpac 17 yesterday in an effort to fix this, but it did not
help.  Any Ideas?

Post by J.P » Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>I don't know exactly what I have done, but I can no longer get to settings for
>most objects, or get to system shutdown because of this problem.  I downloaded
>and installed fixpac 17 yesterday in an effort to fix this, but it did not
>help.  Any Ideas?

Just to be sure, you only have to click once with the right mouse button to get
the menus.  If that is what you meant, sorry for the correction.  :-)

Have you tried going to the "mouse settings" in the System setup to be sure that
you have the proper options selected for 'right clicking'?  You can get to the
System Setup from your OS/2 System folder if you are having trouble with the
right click menus.  Hope this helps.

Jim

1. mouse button clicks and double clicks

usually a WM_BUTTONxCLICK is always sent before a WM_BUTTONxDBLCLK
so I thought to use the following code (not yet tested):
-----------------8<--------------------
case WM_BUTTON1CLICK:
   WinStartTimer(WinQueryAnchorBlock(hwnd), hwnd, TID_WAIT_1DBLCLK,
                 WinQuerySysValue(HWND_DESKTOP, SW_DBLCLKTIME) + 50);
   break;
case WM_BUTTON1DBLCLK:
   WinStopTimer(WinQueryAnchorBlock(hwnd), hwnd, TID_WAIT_1DBLCLK);
   /* message processing here */
   break;
case WM_TIMER:
   if ((ULONG)mp1 == TID_WAIT_1DBLCLK) {
      /* button 1 click processing here */
   } else {
      /* needed if there are other timers */
   } // end if
   break;
----------------8<-------------------
The problem I see is that the WM_BUTTONCLICK processing would be
delayed and if SW_DBLCLKTIME is high it could confuse the user...
does anybody know a better solution?

bye
Alessandro Cantatore - Team OS/2 Italy
FIDONET: 2:335/705.2
"Just WARP!" Italian e-zine homepage :
http://www.mclink.it/mclink/teamos2it/justwarp/index.htm
http://VOLftp.tin.it/TEAMOS2/jwarp/justwarp/index.htm

2. AMIGA AGA WANTED (PLEASE READ)

3. Mouse "click" randomly registers as "double-click"

4. System Update Services

5. Assign mouse double click to third mouse button?

6. Latest copy of Consumer Reports and PocketPC

7. Double Right Click -

8. Job

10. modem...**click**click**click**click**click**

11. Middle mouse button double click in Win-OS/2

12. double-click option for 3 buttons mouse?

13. Need Mouse Driver to Get Double-Click From Middle Button