help with WIN-OS2 installation after applying the service pak.

help with WIN-OS2 installation after applying the service pak.

Post by Gary A. Churc » Tue, 12 Apr 1994 04:15:56

Newsgroups: comp.os.os2
Subject: OS/2 2.11 problems.

Hello everyone,

I've recently applied the service pak to my existing 2.1 system. After
doing this I decided I wanted to use the multimedia features of OS/2 so I
installed MMOS2 from the service pak diskettes; everything went fine.

I then decided that I wanted sound in WIN-OS2 as well and felt that the
safest way to get this up and going was to reinstall WIN-OS2 from the
original 2.1 CDROM using the selective install program.

When I tried doing this, though, I got an error stating that I had the
wrong version of UNPACK.EXE and the installation halted.

After some detective work I realized that 2.11 installed a newer version
of UNPACK. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just copy the old UNPACK from
the CDROM to my hard drive and all will be well." Wrong!

I still get the same message using the original UNPACK supplied on the
CDROM itself. Digging further, I discovered that the selective install
program had itself been upgraded. Do I need to reinstall this also?

Am I going about this in the wrong way? Is there a way to selectivly
install WIN-OS2 from the service pak itself?

Is there an easier way to get WIN-OS2 to recognize my SB-Pro card without
going through the trouble of reinstalling WIN-OS2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary.

1. trident 1024 driver under os2 after apply service pak?

help!!!

I applied service pak to my os2 and it didn't look like it's running
in svga mode.  I ran dspinstl (sp?) and nothing changes.  So I downloaded
the 1024x768 256 color driver and install that according to instruction.
after that it gives me "os2krnl is inappropriate"  or something like
that, and refuse to boot altogether.

So, my question: is this happenning because servpak has 32-bit graphics
engine and the trident driver is 16-bit?  How do I get 1024 resolution
under servpak with a trident 8900C?

andy liaw

2. NTSC TI99/4A hardware on PAL machines

3. HELP! service pak killed os2

4. VPN Question

5. service pak killed my os2, help

6. how to run the software distribution

7. Network Service Pak installation

8. Epson 3000 1440 dpi

9. Problem with Syslevel prevents Service Pak Installation

10. Any good way of applying maintenance/service to OS2 Warp 3.0 ?

11. Difference btwn OS2-WINDOWS and WIN-OS2 and win32 v1.25 installation

12. OS/2 4 Win Service Pak

13. win service pak ftp site