Relish 2.12 => 2.20 Upgrade Worth 29$ ??

Relish 2.12 => 2.20 Upgrade Worth 29$ ??

Post by jmea.. » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I purchased a copy of OS/2 Warp Companion, $40 for book and 2 CD's, that
included a copy of Relish 2.12.   The Relish registration card says I can
upgrade to Relish 2.20 for $29+$7 shipping.   Can anyone give me some
feedback as to whether this would be worth the upgrade.

To me Relish looks like a pretty good PIM, but seems a little week in the
address book area.  I kind of like the IBM works address book because it
allows you to enter quite a bit of info along with your contacts,  but it is
slow and a bit clumsy to work with.  Does 2.20 add any in this area?  Are
there any major changes in the interface?

Any feedback is appreciated!

J. Mark Eaton

                     Getting more Warped all the time...

Relish 2.12 => 2.20 Upgrade Worth 29$ ??

Post by Warp » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I purchased a copy of OS/2 Warp Companion, $40 for book and 2 CD's, that
>included a copy of Relish 2.12.   The Relish registration card says I can
>upgrade to Relish 2.20 for $29+$7 shipping.   Can anyone give me some
>feedback as to whether this would be worth the upgrade.
>To me Relish looks like a pretty good PIM, but seems a little week in the
>address book area.  I kind of like the IBM works address book because it
>allows you to enter quite a bit of info along with your contacts,  but it is
>slow and a bit clumsy to work with.  Does 2.20 add any in this area?  Are
>there any major changes in the interface?

Please post replies to the group as I also have this same question
(as I'm sure others do)

Post by jhen.. » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I purchased a copy of OS/2 Warp Companion, $40 for book and 2 CD's, that
>included a copy of Relish 2.12.   The Relish registration card says I can
>upgrade to Relish 2.20 for $29+$7 shipping.   Can anyone give me some
>feedback as to whether this would be worth the upgrade.

YES YES YES!!!! Pay it! Er, ahem. I upgraded. I am glad that I did. The
SOM objects in 2.2 (the ones that Sundial insists on calling "buns") make
Relish extremely configurable. I'm a to-do list oriented guy, so I work from
the to-do bun--I keep it minimized on the desktop at all times. I keep
the phone book bun on the desktop so that it's just a double-click
away. If you preferred to work with daily, weekly or monthly views
of your appointments you could do that too. 2.2 adds an icon bar and
some other stuff. I adore it. (Oops, I am getting immoderate again.)

Quote:

>To me Relish looks like a pretty good PIM, but seems a little week in the
>address book area.  I kind of like the IBM works address book because it
>allows you to enter quite a bit of info along with your contacts,  but it is
>slow and a bit clumsy to work with.  Does 2.20 add any in this area?

Aside from being more accessible (thru the phone book bun) 2.2 doesn't
really add a lot more detail to the basic phone book entry. This is to my
taste, BUT you do have the option of adding a Memo to your entries
containing whatever info you want. You might also play around with
group names, and you could fit some stuff in the "Remarks" field,e.g.
email address. But it defintely does not have the same range of
structured entry fields as the IBMWorks PIM.

Hope this helps,

Jim

sig 95 coming August 24th! Well, kinda.

Post by Bill Polhem » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> >To me Relish looks like a pretty good PIM, but seems a little week in the
> >address book area.  I kind of like the IBM works address book because it
> >allows you to enter quite a bit of info along with your contacts,  but it is
> >slow and a bit clumsy to work with.  Does 2.20 add any in this area?

> Aside from being more accessible (thru the phone book bun) 2.2 doesn't
> really add a lot more detail to the basic phone book entry. This is to my
> taste, BUT you do have the option of adding a Memo to your entries
> containing whatever info you want. You might also play around with
> group names, and you could fit some stuff in the "Remarks" field,e.g.
> email address. But it defintely does not have the same range of
> structured entry fields as the IBMWorks PIM.

I am just beginning to work seriously with RELISH (I did do the
"Unleashed Version" to 2.21 upgrade), and find it to be great insofar as
appointments, reminders, to-do, etc.  But it is, IMO, woefully lacking
in the phonebook compared to the IBM Works PIM.  I need a GOOD phone log
capability, as a project manager.  IBM-W has (almost) the capability I
need (I liked the little app I used to use on my Macintosh the best of
all), and so I still use the IBM-W phone book.  The RELISH phone book is
next to useless for this purpose.

*-------------------------------------------*
*      William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.       *
*                                           *
* "I'm not an intellectual...but I play one *
*  on the Internet..."                      *
*-------------------------------------------*

Relish 2.12 => 2.20 Upgrade Worth 29$ ??

Post by jhen.. » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I need a GOOD phone log
>capability, as a project manager.  IBM-W has (almost) the capability I
>need (I liked the little app I used to use on my Macintosh the best of
>all), and so I still use the IBM-W phone book.  The RELISH phone book is
>next to useless for this purpose.

The people who make Check+, Computer Interface Corporation,
also publish CONTACT CONNECTION, which is a native-OS/2 contact
management program (as you already guessed from the name). I
haven't used it but they sent me a flyer about it which is now,
alas, lost. I also don't know if they've put a demo out the way
they have for Check+. But it might do what you want.

Jim

sig 95 coming August 24th! Well, kinda.

1. Warp 4 2.11 to 2.12 Netware Client upgrade

I just finished installing a Warp 4 client for a customer and I noticed
that the NW client that came with it is version 2.11.  Should I take
them to version 2.12, and are there any caveats or issues with the
installation (ie do I need to install using other than the Novell
install util)?  Also, are there any fix packs for Warp 4 that I should
know about?

Thanks!
Russ Wolfe
Halifax Technolgy Services Company

2. XFree86 & XGA-2 configuration problem

3. upgrading DB/2 1.2 to 2.12--migrating menus, procedures & report formatting ?

4. debug pocketpc

5. NW 2.12 requestor: disk 6 > 1.44MB!

6. Listening Test: online

7. Procomm Plus for Windows -------->>>>> 2.11 Upgrade Patch Here!

8. Arabic For Alpha (OpenVMS 6.2 & DecForms 2.1)

9. PIMs - Relish 2.2

10. Relish 2.2

11. Relish 2.2, Opinions ???

12. apple II --> IBMPC --> ADAM cp/m 2.2 conversion

13. 1994 Price for RELISH for OS/2 ==> $150.00