LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

Post by t.. » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?

Thanks in advance, Tom.

Post by Marty Kazmai » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
>say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
>recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
>I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?

Should be on your install CD.  XDFCOPY will be there also.  I prefer it as it looks
nicer, plus it formats and verifies (though loaddskf will too with the proper flags).

--

Bearer of the Sacred Chao               Hail Goddess!           FNORD!

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." --  Mahatma Gandhi
"* is the last refuge of the incompetent." --  Ghengis Kahn
"Communication is only possible between equals." --  Hagbard Celine

My ex-wife had two similarities to Akane Tendo...  Cooking and temperament.

Post by New Tze H » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
: say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
: recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
: I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?

: Thanks in advance, Tom.

hey bud,

        it's in the os/2 cd, under the dir diskimgs. if u do not have the
cd, go find some one who has it or download it at hobbes.

LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

Post by Stan Goodm » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
>say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
>recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
>I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?

>Thanks in advance, Tom.

It is on your Warp CDROM, in the directory \DISKIMGS.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Stan Goodman  %
% Qiryat Tiv'on %
% ISRAEL        %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Post by Daniel J. Casey J » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

:>Should be on your install CD.  XDFCOPY will be there also.  I prefer it as it looks
:>nicer, plus it formats and verifies (though loaddskf will too with the proper flags).
:>
:>--

:>Bearer of the Sacred Chao               Hail Goddess!           FNORD!

LOADDSKF creates 1.44 meg diskettes from images. XDFCOPY is used for IBM's
proprietary 1.88meg diskettes.

Daniel Casey          Does Microsoft Mean
Team OS/2             "Small & Limp"?

Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form,
in whole or in part. Copyright, Daniel J. Casey Jr., 1995. License to
distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $1000. Posting without
permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please send notices of

LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

Post by Jean-Pierre Caban » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

:>
:>I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
:>say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
:>recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
:>I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?
:>
:>Thanks in advance, Tom.

You can get LoadDskf (and it's partner SaveDskF) from the official IBM EWS
site. At least LoadDskF should be on the Warp CDRom (you need it to be able
to make the diskettes from the CDRom).

Mail me if you can't locate them.

Jean-Pierre

Post by Tom Snyd » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>:>
>:>say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
>:>recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
>:>I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?

>You can get LoadDskf (and it's partner SaveDskF) from the official IBM EWS
>site. At least LoadDskF should be on the Warp CDRom (you need it to be able
>to make the diskettes from the CDRom).

There's also a nice program out that will do all this as well as test your
disk images, all in a PM interface.  Look for DSK4PM.ZIP.  I think Hobbes
has it as well as other usual OS/2 sites. Try an Archie search for it.

______________________________
Tom Snyder  -=[Team OS/2]=-

Before you ask... No, I'm not the famous TV
talk show host, but I wouldn't mind having
his money.
_______________________________

LOADDSKF - for creating disks from disk images

Post by Michael J. Merrim » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:: ierre Cabani?) writes:

: >

: >:>
: >:>I just got some drivers from Tseng, they are in disk image format and they
: >:>say to use  'loaddskf'  which I'd willingly do but my system doesn't
: >:>recognize that instruction.  Did it come with OS/2 or is it a utility program
: >:>I have to get from somewhere?  And if so where?
: >:>
: >:>Thanks in advance, Tom.
: >
: >
: >You can get LoadDskf (and it's partner SaveDskF) from the official IBM EWS
: >site. At least LoadDskF should be on the Warp CDRom (you need it to be able
: >to make the diskettes from the CDRom).
: >

: DSK4PM.ZIP is a bit less arcane IMHO. Find it at the usual places.
: (hobbes.nmsu.edu or ftp.cdrom.com)

: Regards,
: Tim

If you don't mind, could you tell me what kind of drivers you got from Tseng?

Just being nosy,
Mike