Ultimail Lite: Return mail to POP-server?

Ultimail Lite: Return mail to POP-server?

Post by Chris Campbe » Mon, 24 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I do most of my e-mail responding at home with Ultimail, which allows me to
do all the reading and composing offline and then send via POP.  When I
start up UL, it queries my POP account and retrieves any waiting mail.

However, I also access my e-mail from work, and sometimes need to refer to
yesterday's mail.  Unfortunately, yesterday's mail is sitting securely at
home on my PC's hard drive.

Is there a way for me to get Ultimail to send the [undeleted] mail BACK to
the pop-server, either by command or automatically when closing?  This way I
could access very recent mail from home and from work.

It seems like a lot of the configuration questions on this newsgroup are
repeating.  Is anyone writing a FAQ?  (Hello, IBM?)  I am aware of the
existing FAQ that comes with Ultimail (and duplicated online, but this is
sorely lacking in lots of smaller configuration issues.

I tried looking at "http://ultimail.watson.ibm.com" but got rejected.

                      http://acmex.gatech.edu:8001/~dsrekcc/

Ultimail Lite: Return mail to POP-server?

Post by rrt0.. » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I do most of my e-mail responding at home with Ultimail, which allows me to
>do all the reading and composing offline and then send via POP.  When I
>start up UL, it queries my POP account and retrieves any waiting mail.

>However, I also access my e-mail from work, and sometimes need to refer to
>yesterday's mail.  Unfortunately, yesterday's mail is sitting securely at
>home on my PC's hard drive.

>Is there a way for me to get Ultimail to send the [undeleted] mail BACK to
>the pop-server, either by command or automatically when closing?  This way I
>could access very recent mail from home and from work.

#33022
Ultimail lite does have a way of returning your mail back to the POP-server.
 When mail is received it stays with your machine. The new FAQ should be
 out soon.
 Joe G Ultimail Lite support

1. Ultimail Lite with POP server problem

I'd been using Ultimail Lite with original red box WARP and the IAK
without any (major) problems, but recently I installed red box Warp
Connect because I needed local TCP/IP access.

Suddenly, Ultimail insists on prompting me for my POP server name and
password every time I start it up, even though I've entered the info in
both the TCP/IP configuration notebook (and indicated "Internet" mail
only), and the Dialer notebook (non-IBM ISP).  It's also present in the
Ultimal PRO files.

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong?  I've downloaded the
latest of everything from the Software Update site, and nothing has made
any difference.

2. TX-Houston-AS/400 Consultants with Oil and Gas backgound needed.

3. Ultimail full and POP-Server

4. WTB: Older Pilots (2)

5. Ultimail Lite - Leave Mail on Server?

6. automatic namespace?

7. Leaving mail on POP3 server with Ultimail/2 Lite

8. Wolf Clone on Picasso

9. Ultimail lite now gets mail stuck in mail que

10. UltiMail/2 Lite (Connect) and UltiMail/2 server?

11. Ultimail lite 2.10.001 -Mail attached to mail

12. ULTIMAIL LITE: Possible to view JPEG under Ultimail/Lite?

13. POP dialog when starting UltiMail Lite with SNMP