OS/2 2.1 / LAN Server 3.0

Post by John Thompso » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

I am having trouble with OS/2 2.1 locking up.  One of the possible causes
(that I have considered) is Sytos Plus (I appoligize, I don't have the
version in front of me), BUT it has locked up on a few other occasions
recently after a clean boot and sytos NOT running.  It appears that the
print spooler is locking up and causing physical input to the server to
lock up but traffic over the network continues.  We have 5 HP (3 LJ4si/2
LJ3si) on the network using Jet-Direct cards.  Unfortunatly our group
currently only has netware administrators and are kind of stuck on a
solution.  Earlier this week, a new lockup occured, the screen went blank
for no apparent reason and the server appeared to have shut it's self
down?  The person that set up the server set it up to do a chkdsk on
bootup if a normal shutdown was not done but when the screen went blank,
it didn't go through this when it came back up??  ANY help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Thompson