WARP 3 DHCP Capable

Post by Ted Gil » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me if warp 3 is capable of doing dhcp? If so how do you make
it happen.
    I have looked and only found references to warp 4.
       Thanks,
     Ted Gill

WARP 3 DHCP Capable

Post by James Kno » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Can anyone tell me if warp 3 is capable of doing dhcp? If so how do you make
>it happen.

It is, but requires one of the later fixpaks.

The above opinions are my own and not those of ISM Corp., a subsidiary of
IBM Canada Ltd.

1. Warp DHCP client -> Warp DHCP Server

  I just installed OS/2 Warp Server here, and am trying to get my OS/2 Warp
client an IP address via DHCP.  I have been using BOOTP successfully for
quite a while now, with a Novell server running BOOTP.

  For some reason, the Warp Server will not respond to my DHCP requests.
I can see DISCOVERY requests from my machine showing up, and if I use BOOTP,
it sees that request (although I end up getting my IP from Novell).  No
DHCP requests show up on the screen at all.

  I used a very simple CFG file for the DHCP server, it consists of the
following.

Network 192.7.1.0 {range 192.7.1.200 - 192.7.1.254}
-Router 192.7.1.19
Network 192.8.32.0
Network 192.9.31.0

  Is there anything I should be looking for here?  I know the machine has
a valid network connection, because it is seeing BOOTP traffic, and I can
ping and telnet to it (when I get my address with BOOTP anyway).

  I suspect I've left something critical out of the CFG file.

  Please email responses.

  Thanks in advance.

                Erik

Erik A. Swimm    |  Reality is for those who cannot handle science fiction.
MPM Corporation  |

PGP Key Fingerprint:  C4 71 09 D3 80 8A 6A CB   52 B8 29 3A C0 E3 47 83
PGP Key ID: 0x19597289 available on key servers.

2. Start script for Notes Server on Solaris plattform

3. Good Warp V4 Sound Card? (Voice Type Capable)

4. Command parameters for UUEN/DECODE??

5. Is OS/2 Warp 4 smp-capable?

6. File Encoding

7. Gopher in WARP capable of using a proxy server?

8. HP Scanjet 3C dark scans

9. DHCP not starting when trying to get dynamic DHCP working:

10. DHCP client -- how to release and renew the DHCP lease

11. Capable in the right hands and the right hardware

12. Suggestions for OS/2 capable mb

13. Web Explorer : "frame capable" ?