Faxworks not working right...

Post by jdanv.. » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

(Originally posted in Fidonet OS/2 echo...)

Area Os2, Msg#547, Jun-17-96 09:20:32:PM
   From: Jim Danvers
     To: All
Subject: Faxworks in BonusPack

Hi....

I ~used~ to use the Faxworks Lite app that comes with the Bonus Pack on a
fairly regular basis, and never really had any quips with it.....   this
wasoh....  maybe a year or so ago.  I have since then un-installed OS/2,
reloaded other OS's for testing/tinckering, etc....  and am now back to
running OS/2 again - but for the life of me - I'm really bummed with
Faxworks.  It ain't workin'.  :(  Grrrrrrrr.

Now, - I honestly don't remember if I was sending documents that were created
with DeScribe or MS Word at the time a year or so ago - me thinks that it
shouldn't matter anyway....  but at present I'm sending (or would like to
anyway...) documents made exclusively in Word 6.0 (as part of the MS Office
Suite) and am not having any luck whatsoever with it.  (Faxworks Lite)

The only thing that has changed hardware-wise since using this software last
year is a bigger hard disk, and faster modem.  The modem could possible be
the culprit - but I ~think~ that I have it set correctly....  I'm running a
28.8 USR Sportster, and yes, I have the "Special Command" checked, and
included the "&H2&I2" init string add-on.  I also have it defined as a Type 1
modem.

A typical example of what is occurring is the following:

I might want to send out a copy of my resume - two pages, three including fax
cover page.  I open the drives object, find the document in question, and
drag it onto the FxPrint desktop object.  Faxworks fires up and needs to know
who to call/send fax to, etc....  so far so good.  After Faxworks gets done
chirping ( converting/rasterizing I presume) I notice that it now has 6 pages
to send....   "What's this?" I ask...   preview ("Open") fax document to take
a look see at it before I actually send it - it's just a bunch of goblitty
gook!  Grrrrrrrr....   I can re-create this time after time consistently.
Hmmmmmmmm.  It'll send plain text fine though (config.sys for example)  Go
figure.  It does in fact send as junk characters also - tested it just to
make sure.  :(

Anyone have any helpful tips or suggestions to lend me - I'm all ears.

Hate to say it - I fired up '95 (it's on another partition on my box) and
Exchange sent the thing beautifully - first time.  Three pages including
cover page.

Please respond here in this echo, or direct to me via:

Thanks much folks!

J.D.

1. Faxworks Not Working Right...

   From: Jim Danvers
     To: All

[...]

2. Windows NT Embedded

3. Right Mouse Button Not Working

4. Anyone else having trouble with PCAE 2.0?

5. TELIX for Dos Not Working right for OS2

6. WANTED Apple ][c stand and mouse

7. Little Black Book/2 not working right

8. Problems with copying a rich text field

9. Mouse double right click does not work anymore

10. BASEDEV not working right?

11. Start Minimized not working right?

12. OS/2 2.1 and Netware 3.12 not working right...

13. TOSHIBA 6x CDROM Not working right