Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

Post by Binder Robe » Mon, 01 Aug 1994 06:05:26

What I'm looking for might not exist but... I'm looking for something
that would convert Windows 3.1 placeable (Aldus type) metafiles to the
OS/2 2.1 "MET" metafile format.
It could be a utility , a graphics library (.dll with doc.) or even
some example in C langage.
If this is nowhere to be found, I would be interested at least in some
relevant bibliographical references on the topic of OS/2 graphics, especially
metafiles and vector graphics.
Thanks, really need help on that.

Post by rmahoney on B » Tue, 02 Aug 1994 11:01:07

>What I'm looking for might not exist but... I'm looking for something
>that would convert Windows 3.1 placeable (Aldus type) metafiles to the
>OS/2 2.1 "MET" metafile format.
>It could be a utility , a graphics library (.dll with doc.) or even
>some example in C langage.
>If this is nowhere to be found, I would be interested at least in some
>relevant bibliographical references on the topic of OS/2 graphics, especially
>metafiles and vector graphics.
>Thanks, really need help on that.

I'm not sure if it handles metafiles, but check out GBM.ZIP
and GM BMSRC.ZIP on ftp.cdrom.com in pub/os2/2_x/graphics
It is a bitmap conversion program that comes will full source
and handles a vast number of graphic file formats.
Bob

Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

Post by Tim Haym » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 05:52:18

Quote:

>What I'm looking for might not exist but... I'm looking for something
>that would convert Windows 3.1 placeable (Aldus type) metafiles to the
>OS/2 2.1 "MET" metafile format.
>It could be a utility , a graphics library (.dll with doc.) or even
>some example in C langage.
>If this is nowhere to be found, I would be interested at least in some
>relevant bibliographical references on the topic of OS/2 graphics, especially
>metafiles and vector graphics.
>Thanks, really need help on that.

The OS/2 2.0 Technical Library - Presentation Manager Programming Reference
Volume III, Appendix G "Format of Interchange Files" has a complete
description of OS/2 metafiles (what's allowed in them, the
structures used in them, and how to fill in the structures).  Also,
Chapter 33 "Graphics Orders" has a complete description of all commands
and data that can appear in a metafile.

We bought the entire technical library in hard copy format but I don't
know if the information is available in any other form...

Tim Hayman

250 Herzberg Road     tel: (613) 592-6776
Kanata, Ontario       fax: (613) 592-5929
Canada, K2K 2A1