Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Dana Hartso » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Has anyone had any success running Quicken v7.0 for Windows running under
> WinOS/2?

 Colin,

I can't speak to your specific question. I "do" have Quicken 98 for
Windows running in Warp 4. It is slow on my old souped-up 486, but it
runs.

Dana

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Robert Kuropka » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

You have Quicken98 running under Warp4?  I just assumed it would be a lost
cause so never looked into it.  Did you have to do anything special, or just
install away?

Robert Kuropkat

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Marvin Vol » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Q98 works fine in Warp4 here, too. Regular install. Share files with win95
install.
But I understand that's the last version available for Win3.1

MTV

> You have Quicken98 running under Warp4?  I just assumed it would be a lost
> cause so never looked into it.  Did you have to do anything special, or just
> install away?

> Robert Kuropkat

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by barry brindif » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> You have Quicken98 running under Warp4?  I just assumed it would be a lost
> cause so never looked into it.  Did you have to do anything special, or just
> install away?

> Robert Kuropkat

Robert,

I had Quicken '98 running in a seamless windows in both Warp 3 & 4.
Because there was so much in Quicken '98, I found it better to run in a
Full Windows session. BTW, you should install the 16 bit version of
Quicken and not the Win 32 version.  That is, unless the Win32
conversion is finished.  Hope this help.

Sincerely,

Barry Brindisi

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Joe Ric » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I had quicken 98 running well in WinOS2 fullscreen
Does Quicken 99 or Quickbooks v6 run in 16 bit versions
The box for quickbooks says call and buy version 5

> > You have Quicken98 running under Warp4?  I just assumed it would be a lost
> > cause so never looked into it.  Did you have to do anything special, or just
> > install away?

> > Robert Kuropkat

> Robert,

> I had Quicken '98 running in a seamless windows in both Warp 3 & 4.
> Because there was so much in Quicken '98, I found it better to run in a
> Full Windows session. BTW, you should install the 16 bit version of
> Quicken and not the Win 32 version.  That is, unless the Win32
> conversion is finished.  Hope this help.

> Sincerely,

> Barry Brindisi

Joe Ricci

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by jspri.. » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>> Has anyone had any success running Quicken v7.0 for Windows running under
>> WinOS/2?

> Colin,

>I can't speak to your specific question. I "do" have Quicken 98 for
>Windows running in Warp 4. It is slow on my old souped-up 486, but it
>runs.

>Dana

I can't get mine to install.  Any tips?  I have a CD and it says win 3.1
on it, but when I start the install program, it says I have the wrong
version of the Windows operating system.

Fred Springfield
Plymouth, MN                        for e-mail remove the 'xxx'

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Murray Weisme » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

My bank just sent out a letter that they will no longer support
versions earlier than Quicken99.
Looks like I'll have to buy Win98 just for banking! There must be a
better way!!!!!

--
**IBM BESTTeam - Team OS/2
**RPS.BBS  Phila. Pa (215)624-8960 *, Bible, and OS2 related

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by jspri.. » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>My bank just sent out a letter that they will no longer support
>versions earlier than Quicken99.
>Looks like I'll have to buy Win98 just for banking! There must be a
>better way!!!!!

Why not ask the bank for $100 subsidy to convert?  They understand
that kind of talk!

Post by Jerry Laph » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> My bank just sent out a letter that they will no longer support
> versions earlier than Quicken99.
> Looks like I'll have to buy Win98 just for banking! There must be a
> better way!!!!!

Of course there is.  Change banks.  You *are* the customer, after all.

    -Jerry
Jerry Lapham, Monroe, OH

Written Tuesday, April 27, 1999 - 01:38 AM (EDT)
MR/2 Ice tag:  For the millionth time, don't exaggerate!

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Peter Jesperse » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

As an add-on to this thread, I would just like to say that a
Java-version of Quicken should, accordingly to my local reseller,
be a reality late this year!

But that will only comfort the extremely patient ones!

--

 Live long and prosper...

  Peter Jespersen

  http://www.image.dk/~flywheel/

Quicken v7.0 and OS/2 Warp v3.0

Post by Murray Weisme » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

They'll give me the quicken upgrade... But who wants to run WIN!!!!

> >My bank just sent out a letter that they will no longer support
> >versions earlier than Quicken99.
> >Looks like I'll have to buy Win98 just for banking! There must be a
> >better way!!!!!

> Why not ask the bank for $100 subsidy to convert?  They understand
> that kind of talk!

> Fred Springfield
> Plymouth, MN                        for e-mail remove the 'xxx'

**IBM BESTTeam - Team OS/2
**RPS.BBS  Phila. Pa (215)624-8960 *, Bible, and OS2 related
**Hot_Asian_Food: http://www.veryComputer.com/
**Fix your Plumbing: http://www.veryComputer.com/
**MEMBER of P.A.C.S. OS/2-JAVA S.I.G.: http://www.veryComputer.com/
**Home of DreckBak OS/2 Disk Backup utility
**http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Red Warp v3 to Blue Warp Connect v3

After considering Warp v4 and coming to the conclusion that much
of what was new about it would require me to get a newer computer
(not an option at this point) I recently purchased an inexpensive
copy of Warp Connect Blue Spine.  I figured this would get me the
tcp/ip updates and other improvements without having to purchase
Warp v4 with VoiceType and other things I can't possibly use at
this time.

My question: what is the best way to install Warp Connect over my
present Warp v3 Red Spine setup?  Can I just install the
networking stuff without having to do a complete re-install? If I
don't install the Win-OS/2 from Warp Connect, will I still be
able to use my present MS WIndows under OS/2 (like under Red
Spine)? Thanks for your comments...

2. @> VA Mts Oracle Imp. Cons $90k

3. Why MS wants Quicken (was: Kiss OS/2 Quicken Bye-Bye)

4. direct connection

5. OS/2 Warp and SPEA V7 VEGA PLUS

6. vip7201 termcap

7. Quicken 98 to end Quicken Credit Card transaction downloads

8. FS: Video Toaster 4000 with 4.1 Software, Manual, Millinium Upgrade and Joe Tracy's Flyer Mastery guide

9. Spea Mirage V7-Warp-Drivers??#

10. Warp drivers for v7-Mercury ?

11. SPEA V7 Mirage P32 Driver for OS2 WARP

12. Is there a V7-Mirage P64 PCI-driver for warp ?

13. Quicken Port -> OS/2 Warp