Date conversion program

Post by John Poltor » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a date conversion program which will accept
command line parameters such as:-

date, input date format, output date format?

I'm looking for a program to covert, for example

Sat,  3 Jun 2000 23:13:59 +0100

into

20000603221359

I could code it myself, but am feeling a little lazy and I'm sure
some utility for doing this must already exist.

--
John

Date conversion program

Post by Chuck McKinni » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

There is an old (1998) dataconv.cmd that I use all of the time.  It is
still one of the best (and Y2K compliant).  If you would like a copy,
send me a note.

Quote:> Does anyone know of a date conversion program which will accept
> command line parameters such as:-

> date, input date format, output date format?

> I'm looking for a program to covert, for example

> Sat,  3 Jun 2000 23:13:59 +0100

> into

> 20000603221359

> I could code it myself, but am feeling a little lazy and I'm sure
> some utility for doing this must already exist.

> --
> John

Chuck McKinnis
IBM Senior Systems Engineer (retired)

http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/

Date conversion program

Post by John Poltor » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>There is an old (1998) dataconv.cmd that I use all of the time.  It is
>still one of the best (and Y2K compliant).  If you would like a copy,
>send me a note.

How about

C sharp

?  :-)

>> Does anyone know of a date conversion program which will accept
>> command line parameters such as:-

>> date, input date format, output date format?

>> I'm looking for a program to covert, for example

>> Sat,  3 Jun 2000 23:13:59 +0100

>> into

>> 20000603221359

>> I could code it myself, but am feeling a little lazy and I'm sure
>> some utility for doing this must already exist.

>> --
>> John

>Chuck McKinnis
>IBM Senior Systems Engineer (retired)

>http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/

--
John

Date conversion program

Post by J.W. Lieftin » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Dear Chuck,

Can you send me a copy too?

Thanks

Wim

"Chuck McKinnis (Chuck McKinnis)" schreef:

> There is an old (1998) dataconv.cmd that I use all of the time.  It is
> still one of the best (and Y2K compliant).  If you would like a copy,
> send me a note.

> > Does anyone know of a date conversion program which will accept
> > command line parameters such as:-

> > date, input date format, output date format?

> > I'm looking for a program to covert, for example

> > Sat,  3 Jun 2000 23:13:59 +0100

> > into

> > 20000603221359

> > I could code it myself, but am feeling a little lazy and I'm sure
> > some utility for doing this must already exist.

> > --
> > John

> Chuck McKinnis
> IBM Senior Systems Engineer (retired)

> http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/

Date conversion program

Post by Chuck McKinni » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The heck with it.  IBM has probably forgotten that it still exists.  Get
it from http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/code/dateconv.zip

> Dear Chuck,

> Can you send me a copy too?

> Thanks

> Wim

> "Chuck McKinnis (Chuck McKinnis)" schreef:

> > There is an old (1998) dataconv.cmd that I use all of the time.  It is
> > still one of the best (and Y2K compliant).  If you would like a copy,
> > send me a note.

> > > Does anyone know of a date conversion program which will accept
> > > command line parameters such as:-

> > > date, input date format, output date format?

> > > I'm looking for a program to covert, for example

> > > Sat,  3 Jun 2000 23:13:59 +0100

> > > into

> > > 20000603221359

> > > I could code it myself, but am feeling a little lazy and I'm sure
> > > some utility for doing this must already exist.

> > > --
> > > John

> > Chuck McKinnis
> > IBM Senior Systems Engineer (retired)

> > http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/

Chuck McKinnis
IBM Senior Systems Engineer (retired)

http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/

1. Educational program - Aesop's Fables Volume 2 and 3 release dates.

Workhorse Library Aesop's Fables Volume 2  will start shipping 97/08/01.
Volume 3 will start shipping 97/09/01.  We hope to ship the Alice
series (Wonderland and Looking Glass) in the Fall. We are having
artist delays with Allice.

All Workhorse lilbrary CDROM's have a native OS/2 driver (developed
under OS/2 and ported to Windows. Also include on the CDROM are
Win3.11 and Win95 versions.

Each Volume of Aesop's has 40 tales, each with an original pieces of
artwork (Hand drawn and scanned).

Check in out at http://www.qvision.net

2. When is the release Date for Arch. DeskTop?

3. Q: Which graphics conversion program?

4. 4dos at reset in WIN95

5. good conversion program

6. Get errno 11 when starting emacs on HP9000/827

7. Conversion program for K&R C to ANSI C

8. 2000server sp2

9. Conversion program for K&R C to Ansi C

10. .INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

11. Icon conversion program

12. Graphics conversion programs

13. Programs Moved, Class Table Out-of-Date