Looking driver for Ciprico Tape Master 3000 VME 9-Track tape controller

Looking driver for Ciprico Tape Master 3000 VME 9-Track tape controller

Post by John Fi » Tue, 19 Dec 1995 04:00:00

We have a Ciprico Tape Master 3000 VME 9-track tape controller that
we're trying to move from a sun4 (it died) to a sun4m system.
Unfortunately, the driver we received from Ciprico many years ago only
supports the sun4 architecture.  Ciprico has discontinued this item
and claims to no longer have the software, but the sales rep that I
spoke with said that there wouldn't be any problem (legally) with me
obtaining a copy from some kind soul on the net.  We're currently
running SunOS 4.1.4, but will inevitably change over to Solaris at
some point so I'm interested in obtaining both drivers.

As an alternative, does anyone know of a 3rd party driver we could
purchase (yeah right, like there's a big market for 3rd party 9-track
tape drivers).

Thanks,
John Filo
Applied Research Labs
University of Texas at Austin

1. Looking driver for Ciprico Tape Master 3000 VME 9-Track tape controller

[...]

2. MODULI di FrontPage 98

3. WANTED: Driver/Utilities Tape for Ciprico 3223 SMD-E Controller.

4. SCSI-disk transfer rates wanted

5. CD-R $399

6. 9 track 1/2" tape drive, Kennedy 9610, VME controller

7. DBASE III .dbf File formats

8. Fujitsu 9-track tape drive on a sparc?

9. Old 9-track tapes again...

10. Wanted: 9-track tape software

11. 9-track tape model numbers?