share Sun's monitor with PC

Post by Richard Wan » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi everybody,
Is there any way to share Sun's monitor(comes with ultra 10,can support
2 Sparc machine) with PC?  Thank you.

Richard

share Sun's monitor with PC

Post by Sam C. Nicholson ! » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

I'll bet it will work straightaway with a monitor switchbox.

Pne of my clients has a tone of these that came with the Ultra
5s (pre headless ws days), and it works without a hitch on my
laptop's vga connector.

-sam

share Sun's monitor with PC

Post by Matt Kirsc » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

 > Is there any way to share Sun's monitor(comes with ultra 10,can
 > support 2 Sparc machine) with PC?  Thank you.

Sure.
The most you will need is an inexpensive adapter plug from
www.dalco.com. Many new Sun monitors are just regular multisync monitors
with HDB15 connections on them, and work fine on PCs with no
modifications whatsoever.

1. PC <-> Sun : Sharing same monitor

It seems that I will be able to get a Sun and PC to share a PC keyboard and
mouse using a switch from Sun Express and a cheap keyboard/mouse switch.  Now
I'm trying to figure out how to use one montior with both the Sun and PC.  The
Sun monitor is not multisync so some PC multisync monitor will have to be used.
If anyone can point me to a source of information on how to use one monitor on
a PC and a Sun I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks! All the responses I've
gotten so far have been very helpful.

2. Scripting Object Model (SOM) w/ Page objects

3. Sharing Sun color monitor w/ PC

4. Win2K Configuration and MapObjects

5. sharing SVGA monitor between ultra 5 (24-bit PGX24) and PC

6. Compiling Matlab into an exe without the DOS window appearing.

7. I'm actually using an older SUN monitor as new PC monitor

8. Problem with klogind/kshd

9. connecting Sun 17'' monitor to PC?

10. PC-NFS sw: Mt. NFS-exp'd File Sys's on a PC, $125

11. Shared 'Whiteboard' tool?

12. PC-NFS SW FSale: Mt NFS-Exp'd File Sys's on PCs

13. PC-NFS SW: Mt. NFS-Exp'd file sys's on your PC $125