SUN Type-5 Keycode assignments???

Post by Wayne Sco » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi Folks:

        I'm trying to xmodmap some keys on my type-5 keyboard on Solaris 2.3.
I have most of what I want.  However, when I look at the numbers on the
keyboard layouts in the "Sun Type 5 Keyboard and Mouse Product Notes,"
I cannot correlate them with what I see in the "xev" tool.  For example,
the Sun book shows the "Help" key as 118.  But xev shows it as "keycode 125".
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what the relationship is between the
two -- if there is one at all.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,
Wayne

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.