SparcClassic Upgrade

Post by Thomas Mülle » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
i try to install more memory into my sparcclassic.
After Power on, on the screen i see the correct byte count of my installed
memory, but the system is not comming up, after the memory initialization
the machine is hangig, i received no error messages.
What kind of memory could i use for an upgrade?

Is it possible to use a standard scsi hard disk instead of the inbuilt disk?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thomas

1. SPARCclassic upgrade?

I have NO clue about hardware so please excuse the wanton
ignorance:

        I run a SPARCclassic (50MHz) and so it's about as slow
        as a snail. However, the disk, memory &c. is all pretty
        snazzy stuff.

        Can I possibly upgrade the motherboard to a faster
        processor as per PCs, or is that a ridiculous question?

Thanks, Thomas.

2. Discovering where ports are blocked?

3. SPARCclassic X PROM upgrade to SPARCclassic?

4. How to control cursor (mouse pointer) setting?

5. Memory upgrade for SPARCclassic

6. *** RESTRICT ATTACHMENTS

7. I want to UpGrade SPARCclassic to SPARCstation5, 10, 20

8. Compiler Syllabus Summary

9. Any performance upgrade options for SparcClassic?

10. SPARCclassic and SPARCsystem LX Memory Upgrades

11. Upgrade a SPARCclassic X: change device addresses in NVRAMRC?

12. System prices (was: Re: SPARCclassic vs. 486 (Was Re: SPARCClassic (and other Sun announcme

13. NVRAM convertion from SPARCClassic-X to SPARCClassic