help identifying a processor module

Post by Tim Gra » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

I looked at sunhelp and sun.com and I read the FAQ but everything seems to
refer to part numbers starting with 501. My CPU module has a part number of
6112006036801 and I can't seem to find any documents that will tell me what
it is. It says SuperSparc, but I would like to know the speed so I know what
I can buy to make it a dual processor box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tim Gray

Post by Timothy J. Boga » Mon, 08 May 2000 04:00:00

>The part number is usually on the END of the connector for the module on
>a white sticker.......
>You'll probably have to pull the module to see the p/n.....

>> I looked at sunhelp and sun.com and I read the FAQ but everything seems to
>> refer to part numbers starting with 501. My CPU module has a part number of
>> 6112006036801 and I can't seem to find any documents that will tell me what
>> it is. It says SuperSparc, but I would like to know the speed so I know what
>> I can buy to make it a dual processor box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

>> Tim Gray

And to find the speed

/usr/sbin/psrinfo -v

no?

--
"I'm a big fan of ignorance based techniques, because humans
have a lot of ignorance, and we want to play our strong suit."

Post by jsmit » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

The part number is usually on the END of the connector for the module on
a white sticker.......
You'll probably have to pull the module to see the p/n.....

> I looked at sunhelp and sun.com and I read the FAQ but everything seems to
> refer to part numbers starting with 501. My CPU module has a part number of
> 6112006036801 and I can't seem to find any documents that will tell me what
> it is. It says SuperSparc, but I would like to know the speed so I know what
> I can buy to make it a dual processor box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

> Tim Gray

1. Help identifying ROSS processor

Hi,

I have a ROSS processor (Single CPU I think) and would like some help
identifying it,

It has the following three numbers printed on it:

270-621-58

323-0018-01

5116224020746

Any ideas??

And does anyone know what OpenBoot level I need to use this processor
in an SS10 or SS20??

Cheers

John

--
  o        John Benge - Network Access Server Team Leader

thus[tm]   Phone - work: +44 208 371 3739     mobile: 07887796300
           "May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!"

2. Pocket Explorer Won't Surf thru Modem

3. Need help identifying Ross processor

4. SQL Server2005 issue

5. HELP:Mixing processor modules on SS20?

6. Word to pdf reflow and double bullets

7. SS10: identifying processors

8. IViewPort in a IMultiCellCanvas???

9. How to identify Sparc processor?

10. How to Identify Ross Processors?