Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Josiah Fize » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Can any one help me figure out what this SBUS card is? It has a few
RasterOps chips a bunch of memory, it hooks up to a Macintosh Monitor
(HD15). When installed it runs the minitor in 640x480 and then causes a
core dump just after memory is tested. Any ideas?

-Josiah Fizer

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Mike Belc » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:55:05

Quote:> Can any one help me figure out what this SBUS card is? It has a few
> RasterOps chips a bunch of memory, it hooks up to a Macintosh Monitor
> (HD15). When installed it runs the minitor in 640x480 and then causes a
> core dump just after memory is tested. Any ideas?

Give us some numbers off the card.

Mike

Post by Josiah Fize » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > Can any one help me figure out what this SBUS card is? It has a few
> > RasterOps chips a bunch of memory, it hooks up to a Macintosh Monitor
> > (HD15). When installed it runs the minitor in 640x480 and then causes a
> > core dump just after memory is tested. Any ideas?

> Give us some numbers off the card.

> Mike

The part number would seem to be 05010 2491341

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by doctor_octo.. » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Close, but no cigar... the FE Handbook doesn't list a 501-0249. Often
the part number appears on the SBus connector in a form similar to
"5010249nnnnnnn" the "n" digits are the part serial number - only the
first seven digits are used as the part number. The revision level (rev
level) is found on a seperate sticker on the card and isn't of
importance in identifying the card.

What other numbers appear on this mystery card?

> The part number would seem to be 05010 2491341

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Josiah Fize » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Close, but no cigar... the FE Handbook doesn't list a 501-0249. Often
> the part number appears on the SBus connector in a form similar to
> "5010249nnnnnnn" the "n" digits are the part serial number - only the
> first seven digits are used as the part number. The revision level (rev
> level) is found on a seperate sticker on the card and isn't of
> importance in identifying the card.

> What other numbers appear on this mystery card?

> > The part number would seem to be 05010 2491341

Those are however the only number on the card short of those that are on
the chips. Thus my problem finding any information about the card in
question. If it would help I can take some snap shots of the card and post
them to a web site in high res'.

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by doctor_octo.. » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The FE Handbook uses line drawings as illustrations, and those drawings
are not super-detailed, so the photos may not help there, BUT there are
third-party SBus cards, so maybe the photos would be helpful from that
angle.

> Those are however the only number on the card short of those that are
on
> the chips. Thus my problem finding any information about the card in
> question. If it would help I can take some snap shots of the card and
post
> them to a web site in high res'.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Mike Belc » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> The part number would seem to be 05010 2491341

As others have said, this isn't a part number I recognise.
Describe the connector again - you say you plugged it into
a Mac monitor? Is it a HD15 or a 13W3? How many
memory chips and of what type?

Regards,

Mike

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Josiah Fize » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > The part number would seem to be 05010 2491341

> As others have said, this isn't a part number I recognise.
> Describe the connector again - you say you plugged it into
> a Mac monitor? Is it a HD15 or a 13W3? How many
> memory chips and of what type?

> Regards,

> Mike

It is HD15, two rows of pins (8 on top 7 on the bottom).
On the top of the card there is the following.
There are two rows of 6 memory chips (Toshiba TC524258BJ-10),
Two NEC D42275LE-80 chips,
One MPC 30.24 Mhz oscillator,
One RasterOps chip with the following numbers. AMI 9227AAJ, C18523,
2400-0026, 1990 RGS14188.
Then six little chips (74ACT244).

One the bottom of the card there is the following.
Two DAC2400-0002 chips.
One Bt Bt473KPJ35 RAMDAC
One RasterOps chip with the following numbers. AMI 9227AAJ, C18523,
2400-0026, 1990 RGS14188.
And one chips with a tag glued onto it. The tag reads 0002 2115.

Hope this helps and thanks for the response thus far.
Josiah Fizer

Lets play, "What the hell's this SBUS card?"

Post by Josiah Fize » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

stranger and stranger. I was able to get the card to work as far as the OK
prompt and after probing the SBUS I found out its seen as a CGEIGHT.

> Can any one help me figure out what this SBUS card is? It has a few
> RasterOps chips a bunch of memory, it hooks up to a Macintosh Monitor
> (HD15). When installed it runs the minitor in 640x480 and then causes a
> core dump just after memory is tested. Any ideas?

> -Josiah Fizer

1. FS SUN"let's blow 'em out!"

That's what my operations manager told me, so
please don't pay "discounted" list prices.

I have available in quantity:

NEW SUN LASER NeWSprinter 20
20ppm capability!!

LIST PRICE: $4000.00 +/-
OUR PRICE:  $1200.00

Feel free to call, fax, or email me when interested.
Individuals and businesses welcome, no Qty. restrictions!
Thank you for your 15 seconds of concentration!
--
KEITH DAVIS

ELECTRONIC BUSINESS SOLUTIONS INC.
TEL.(508)663.2500 EXT.126
FAX (508)670.0987

2. Importing Excel into Sybase

3. RF Repeater

4. WANTED: audio "play" and "record"

5. AD query wildcard?

6. Looking for the "KVM from hell"...

7. How do I debug Datasets painlessly in Vs.Net?

8. Terminator; "passive" or "active" that's the question ?

9. Looking for App. that will let me play audio CD's in cd rom

10. "Texas Microsystems Inc. SSC-80" 8-port SBus serial card

11. WANTED: Drivers for Sun "sa" SBUS ATM card

12. Play audio file for "New Mail" alert?