Help adding memory to a 3/60

Post by Gavin Buffingt » Wed, 08 Dec 1993 23:24:35

Can anyone help me with adding memory to a SUN 3/60.  I currently have 8MB and am trying to
increase this to 12MB.  I have installed 4 1MB 1x9(70ns) simm's in the slots following the
first 8MB.  I have moved a jumper on the board to 12MB.  When I turn on the machine, I get
nothing.  I do not have any extras on this machine such as a CG4 or CG8.  Thanks in advance
for any help with this problem.  Please e-mail me at

Gavin D. Buffington  N0ECQ
Department of Physics   University of Missouri-Rolla

RF:  1284.6- MHz  443.825+ MHz  145.45- MHz

1. Adding memory to a Sparc 20/60

    Hi,
I just bought 16MB of non-sun memory to upgrade a Sparc 20/60.  The
memory came with no installation instructions so I installed it in the
next available slot. I figured I would not have to set jumpers or
anything like that. The system refused to come up - the monitor stays
dark so I cannot read any potential error messages. After removing the
meory the system came up as usual. I tried another slot and the same
thing happened.

Question: Do I have to put the 16MB module is a specific location...
(there are two banks of 4 slots) Do I need to do anything else to get
the Sparc 20 to recognize the memory?

Thanks for any info.

   - henrik
--
Henrik Schmiediche, Dept. of Statistics, Texas A&M, College Station, TX 77843

Finger for pgp 2.6 key, fingerprint: E867 D9DB 9616 5DAC  0F67 FE98 77FE 8583

2. WevForm designer problem in VS.NET 2003

3. HELP: Adding RAM to 3/60.

4. Request for FAQ

5. Help needed for adding a HD to a 3/60

6. Urgent .net opening for SSE

7. Help: Adding memory to a Sun 3/490

8. Scanmaker 1850 - HELP !

9. Memory problems with 3/60. Help Please.

10. Help? Adding IPC or Mac memory to SLC ?

11. HELP requested: Adding 72pin SIMM memory to IPX box

12. Help : Adding memory on a SparcStation 20

13. adding 2nd drive to 3/60