Ultra 5 and monitor cable

Post by Paul Phillip » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hmm, I just got my brand new Ultra 5 today.  I also bought the 21 inch
monitor bundled with the PCI PC card.

When I unpacked the monitor, the only cable there ended in the 13W3
connector.  Now, of course the video output of the Ultra 5 is a HD15.
There is a HD15 connector on the monitor, but, despite the fact that a
drawing showing how to hook it up with the HD15 cable was in the manual,
there was no cable included.

So I called Sun.  They are not sending me a HD15 to HD15 cable, but
rather are sending me a HD15 to 13W3 adapter for the existing cable.
After I hung up with them, I began to wonder - since the manual shows a
separate cable (and separate monitor input) for the HD15, will the
adapter work?  I'm presuming it will, after all it was Sun on the
phone...

Any advice on this?

Also, what is relation between an HD15 connector and a DB15 connector?
Are they different terminologies for the same thing, or are they
different?

Thanks,
Paul Phillips

Ultra 5 and monitor cable

Post by Griz » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The adapter works fine. I have two of the same machine. Unfortunately SUN doesn't tell you when you order them that they will not plug together.

Dave

--
 David S. Glaser  AKA Grizz     | Remember: When someone annoys you
 M&M Systems Administrator      | it takes 42 muscles in your face to