ARCHIVE Python on 630MP and Sol. 2.5

Post by Radu G. Sofronic » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to set up a ARCHIVE Python on a SPARCserver 630MP running
Solaris 2.5.
Need help setting it up.  Also would like some info on the ARCHIVE Python
(specs).

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

1. Q: Archive Python 4320NT DAT & Solaris 2.5

I desperately need some advice: I have an Archive Python 4320NT
DAT connected as SCSI-device to a SPARC station 10 (it used
to work properly).

After installing Solaris 2.5 the trouble began:
 The devices /dev/rmt/0,/dev/rmt/0l,etc. do exist, but the
command 'mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status' always returns 'no tape
loaded or drive offline'. Only when using /dev/rmt/0l
at least some reaction:
  Archive Python 4mm Helical Scan tape drive:
    sense key(0x5)=Illegal Request (...)
In addition there is a warning:

     Error for command '<undecoded cmd 0x4d>' (...)
Sometimes only: DAT soft error reporting failed

It is possible to write on the tape by using tar or ufsdump
- even with verify. However, when trying to restore,
'tar: tape read error' results.

When having a look at /kernel/drv/st.conf (the lines there are
actually only comments, but as far as I understood, is that
supposed to be the standard configuration of solaris),
the DAT seems to be recognized as 'Archive Python 28454'.
The parameters therefore are:
  1,0x2c,0,0xde39,4,0x00,0x8c,0x8c,0x8c,3

In my opinion, the critical values are the densities
0,0x8c,0x8c,0x8c. Maybe they should be different for
an Archive Python 4320 NT (??).

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this thing working
again ?

Thanks,
  Hans

P.S.: Switching off everything and rebooting afterwards didn't
help.

2. Email alerting of file creation.

3. WTB: Sol 2.5 cd / possibly 2.5 Answerbook cd

4. OK. Here I am. Pull me to bits.

5. Isn't Solaris 2.5 supposed to be compatible with a 630MP?

6. network warp3?

7. Help: How Mount Ext.HD on Sol.2.5

8. debugger won't run - anyone from Metrowerks reading?

9. Need info -> How much ram does Sol 2.5.x require???

10. 2048 CDROM on Sol 2.5

11. Dual Pentium Compatibility with Sol 2.4/2.5?

12. RAID 5 metadevice on Sol 2.5

13. Stack Underflow (Sol 2.5)