serial cable that came with IPC, modem cable or terminal cable?

serial cable that came with IPC, modem cable or terminal cable?

Post by Jong-Min Pa » Sun, 17 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello, we were trying to install a modem, and found that the
serial cable that was with the IPC had a female DB25 connector,
so we couldn't connect to a regular modem which also has a female
DB25 connector.

Is this a regular straight-through modem cable so I only need
a gender changer?

+-------- Jong-Min Park -=?B?EUC-KR?udrBvrnO?=-1?1?-----------

+-------- University of Wisconsin - Madison

Post by Syed Zaeem Hosa » Sun, 17 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Hello, we were trying to install a modem, and found that the
>serial cable that was with the IPC had a female DB25 connector,
>so we couldn't connect to a regular modem which also has a female
>DB25 connector.

>Is this a regular straight-through modem cable so I only need
>a gender changer?

Yes, I believe so.

| Syed Zaeem Hosain          P. O. Box 610097            (408) 441-7021 |

1. din-8 to db25 serial cable for IPC (can you use mac cable?)

Does anyone happen to know if you can use a macintosh din-8 to db25
cable for an IPC to terminal connection?  (since the IPC has the din-8
serial port)

btw I have the IPC serial port pinout, but have not been able to find a
mac reference that uses that same terminology, i.e. I don't know
if what the ppl who wrote the Sun Harward FAQ call "RTS" is known by
some other name in the macintosh world

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
        Derek Fonda

P.S.  If you response, please CC: me via email, the server that I read
news
off of can act a bit strange.

2. HELP! X-10 control across circuits

3. Modem/serial cable recommendations for IPC?

4. What is this error and how do I fix

5. sun din-8 to db-25 cable vs. mac printer/modem cable

6. 4500 software upgrade.

7. FA: SPARC Boot Prom, Serial Cable and Audio Cable

8. Network Printers going offline

9. Wanted: DB13W3 Male to BNC Cable / Mouse (with pad) / Serial Cable for SUN

10. WTB: Sun Cables, 1 Sound Cables, 2 Serial cables for Sparc IPC (Mini-Din 8 pin to db 25 pin)

11. Trade my CG board with your VT100 terminal+cross-wired serial cable+ethernet tranceiver.

12. Serial cable (null modem) pin layout query for Sun E220R server

13. FS: Sun Brand serial cable (modem) $7