Two keyboards and two monitors on one SS1

Two keyboards and two monitors on one SS1

Post by Bill Hewi » Thu, 24 Jun 1993 20:08:20

I have a colour Sparcstation 1, which has a free mono frame buffer and
happen to have a spare mono monitor and keyboard lying around.
How easy would it be to attach 2 keyboards and 2 monitors and run 2
completely separate x sessions (effectively make 2 workstations out of
it) ?
It is in a terminal room after all, and extra X screens are always handy!
I know how to run two monitors, but have no idea how to attach 2 keyboards
and mice, what hardware/cables are needed etc. Can an extra keyboard
be added to the serial port(s) ?
Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bill Hewitt

2 Buccleuch Place            || VOICE : +44 (031) 650 4429
Edinburgh EH8 9LW            || FAX   : +44 (031) 650 4587