What Is A 5229A SCSI?

Post by John Pur » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to find out which drive is the 5229A.  I can tell that it
is a SCSI Ultra, but I can't find out the mfgr of the drive like
Seagate or Western Digital and the mfgr number.  Here's a couple of
the listings I found for the drive:

5229A
Internal 9.1-Gbyte 7200 RPM UltraSCSI disk drive, 1" high

5229A
9.1-Gbyte internal Hot Plug Disk Drive,7200 RPM, 1" high

5229A
OPT INT DISK 9.1GB/7200 USCSI5229A Internal 9.1-Gbyte 7200 RPM
UltraSCSI disk drive, 1" high

If you notice, the second listing says it is a Hot Plug drive.  So, if
it is a Hot SWAP, then that brings up a lot of other concerns.  If
not, then I should be able to just order the appropriate Seagate or
WD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Quantum fireball 1080s : corrupt lable, wrong magic number, i am new to solaris: HELP !!!!

        Does this mean that all you have to do to set them up is install a
partition table and disk label?  Sorry to dwell on the subject, but I am
planning on adding a new disk to my Sparc and don't want to run into these
types of problems.

Thanks.

Mike.

Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534

2. Stereo Images

3. Am I getting a good deal on this SS20?

4. FS-DesignCad3D Win95 V8 $295

5. Wo kauft man SUN hardware am besten, was ist mit den Kompatiblen?

6. UNISYS Mapper

7. DAT tape drive, how naive am I?

8. VMS -> Unix backups?

9. Bison: Am I ever politically incorrect.

10. Acceleration of a Sun 3/110 - Am I too used to Amigas?

11. Paired Overland Librarypro changers. Am I insane?

12. I SPAMMED THE SUN NEWSGROUP BECAUSE I AM STUPID

13. Dell Powerdge 4 Sale w/ Free Shipping - I am PayPal verified!