NVRAM failure

Post by Sigi Kluge » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

we have a SUN clone in the office with a failed NVRAM. HistID and
Ethernet address are all binary "1"... Our resident expert is
away on vacation and the clone manufacturer has quit this
business.

Does anyone have a program or whatever that can re-create the
machine relevant NVRAM entries?

--
Sigi Kluger
Tekelec Airtronic GmbH

NVRAM failure

Post by Mark Henders » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,

>we have a SUN clone in the office with a failed NVRAM. HistID and
>Ethernet address are all binary "1"... Our resident expert is
>away on vacation and the clone manufacturer has quit this
>business.

>Does anyone have a program or whatever that can re-create the
>machine relevant NVRAM entries?

The battery on the NVRAM chip is probably dead.

You should replace the NVRAM chip with a new one and then reprogram it.

More information is available from:
get the following files from either
ftp.netcom.com:/pub/he/henderso
ftp.wimsey.com:/pub/crypto/netcom-mirror

change-sun-hostid-1.4.9.tar.gz (you need nvram.info from this)
nvram.faq.gz
new-nvram-faq
eeprom-nvram.faq.gz

I also recently posted change-sun-hostid-1.4.9 to alt.sources.
--

PGP 1024/C58015E3 fingerprint=21 F6 AF 2B 6A 8A 0B E1 A1 2A 2A 06 4A D5 92 46
cryptography archive maintainer  --  ftp://ftp.wimsey.com/pub/crypto

1. SUN IPC NVRAM failure

I was connecting a DAT tape drive to a SUN ipc,
When I repowered on the devices, it wouldn't get
past the banner, L1-A doesn't interrupt it.

When I attach a ascii terminal to serial port a and
power on, I get the message

not nvramrc
(then the sun banner)

I think this means my cpu is fried, does anyone
have any additional info on that error message?

Thanks, Steve

2. Active time of a RDSI.

3. Ultra 5 -- NVRAM, or other HW failure?

4. Help! Infosearch

5. POST failure on IPX, new NVRAM

6. Problem with data import from text file

7. HELP PLEASE: SUN Sparc IPX Power-on self-test failure: "Replace TOD/NVRAM" ??????

8. Sychronizing

9. nvram data invalid, nvram clear

10. Failure of cache on SUN IPC

11. exabyte 8500 failure?