Bus Errors

Post by Ben Macki » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Gurus,

I've got a strange message on my Sun SPARC S10.

I've installed Solaris 2.5.1 and set everything up, but
ever since I took delivery from Sun, the machine has
always spurned out the following error message in the
console window :

NOTICE: m64: fifo error, bus_reg=7b23a040

I've ran a few test programs and everything appears to
be working properly, but I'm worried this might be something
serious that is going to haunt me in the future.

Anybody got an idea what the message is, why I might
be getting it and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Ben Mackie.

Bus Errors

Post by <ahoer.. » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I've got a strange message on my Sun SPARC S10.

Ultra 10, I'm sure you mean-- "m64" refers to the PGX PCI framebuffer, while
the SPARCstation 10 is an SBus machine.

Quote:> NOTICE: m64: fifo error, bus_reg=7b23a040

This is completely spurious, and you can ignore it.  In fact, it's a bug in
the PGX driver (Sun BugID 4040143).  Get the latest rev of patch 103792,
which is -25 at the moment, if you want to get rid of the messages.

-andrew
--
"Head transplantation is not theologically inconsistent with any of the
 Catholic Church's tenets."

1. bus error on Sun 3/80

I have a Sun 3/80 that I'm trying to get running. When I try to boot it,
it shows the following:

[...]
EEPROM boot device...Boot: sd(0,0,0)
Error (PSR = 0x203) Bus Error:
  Vaddr: 01234567, Paddr: 00000567, Write, FC 5, Size 2 at 0xFEFE081A.

and then drops me into the ROM monitor.

It has a pair of Quantum 105S drives, the first one at ID 0. They appear
to be connected and terminated properly.

Any ideas?

Daniel

2. Transparent plotting to HP650C

3. Difference in Seg Fault and Bus Error at a

4. DOS and PCI sound card

5. Difference in Seg Fault and Bus Error at addr -1 ?

6. UDP Datagrams

7. Help - Bus Error?

8. What's this? SCSI bus error?

9. What's this? SCSI bus error??