CPS 1.1

Post by Ops In » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 01:48:01

Hi ..

 I'm trying to configure LDAP authentication as per the manual.  LDAP is our AD
which we can walk with no problems using the same credentials.

 When I try a test from the CPS manager it generates - 08/12/08 15:38:11
Config. No property for plugin_ldapUsers/groupBranches

 The CPS support site also seems to indicate theres a 1.11 available.  Has
anyone managed to download this ? .. all the links from the site lead to dead
ends or to the full contribute trial download - not CPS.
http://www.adobe.com/support/cps/downloads.html

 I am running Tomcat 6.0.18 JRE 6 update 10 (1.6.0_10-b33) .. I notice on the
pre reqs they only list Tomcat 5.x .. should I expect it to work in 6.x ?

CPS 1.1

Post by JasonCSBSJ » Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:55:57

Hi,

 We currently just set up a CPS on Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5 (32bit)
with tomcat 5.5.26 and Java version 1.6 update 7.  Since CPS runs on Java, the
operating system environment shouldn't matter.  I went with tomcat 5.5 since
CPS is an older application and since tomcat 5.5 should be more stable than the
6 branch.

 I have directory services set up with our AD infrastructure via LDAP over SSL.
 I set it up via unencrypted LDAP first though.  I've replaced our domain
settings with our.domain.com and our domain controller with dc.our.domain.com
Here are the settings that work for us:
 For the access username/password, it must be a valid AD user.  Try allowing
the user to login it all workstations before limiting that (for security
purposes).
 Max search results: 100
 Connection timeout: 0
 Authentication method: LDAP bind (auto-find user DN)

 On the User search tab:
 Full name attribute: DisplayName
 E-mail address attribute: mail
 Username attribute: sAMAccountName

 I added two search branches, one for our regular accounts and another for our
admin accounts.  Note that this should point to your AD OUs where your user
accounts are stored:
 OU=Accounts,DC=our,DC=domain,DC=com
 OU=Accounts,OU=Our Admins,DC=our,DC=domain,DC=com

 We don't use AD groups, so I didn't configure that.  All fields are blank.

 Good luck,
 Jason

1. Upgrading CPS 1.0 using Tomcat to CPS 1.1

Hi,

 We have CPS 1.0 installed and running on Windows 2000 with Tomcat 5.0.7
 Now we like to upgrade from CPS 1.0 to CPS 1.1, the Contribute Publishing
Services 1.1 installer seam not detects are version 1.0 and did not
automatically install over it.

 Instead, it installed CPS 1.1 with JRun4 and SSL

 Now we have two version of CPS running :
 CPS 1.0 at URL http://localhost:8080/pubservices/admin/server.cfm, Tomcat
listening on port 8080 and;
 CPS 1.1 at URL https://localhost:8900/contribute/admin/server.cfm, JRun4
listening on port 8900 and use SSL.

 I would like to upgranding to CPS 1.1 using Tomcat instead of JRun4 and no
SSL. What i should do ?

 Any ideas would be much appreciated
 Thanks !

2. CD writing name convention problem and my FH work !

3. basic CPS with CPS server

4. editing CSS source

5. problem calling xtra with ECMA syntax (CPS)

6. SQL database

7. what is a .cps file?

8. help on buy one book

9. Testing multiple users without CPS?