Odd LDAP queries from CPS

Post by leh00 » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 05:49:44

We recently upgraded our LDAP, and since then Contribute has been really slow
logging into the LDAP via CPS. Upon doing some looking, we've narrowed down the
problem to the Search filter that CPS is sending to the LDAP. If my UID  for
example is  myUID, what's being sent to the LDAP is

 (&(userSearchFilter)(|(uid=myUID)[h](=myUID)[/h]))

 If I paste the full filter into an LDAP browser, it takes upwards of 2-3
minutes to get a response, on the other hand, if I remove the area highlighted
above, I get a response in less than a second. I can't figure out what in my
configuration is causing this, to the best of my knowlege, malformed filter.

Odd LDAP queries from CPS

Post by leh00 » Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:10:41

It turns out that we were experiencing two different issues, One was with our
LDAP, the other was that we neglected to fill out the UID field on the group
tab in our test instance. (thus the oddly formed search filter.)

Odd LDAP queries from CPS

Post by ahowar » Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:58:16

Hello leh002.  I work for a public school district in San Antonio, Texas and I
am having a horrible time getting CPS to work with my ldap.  I have installed a
different ldap browser on the box and it works fine but I can't get CPS to
work.  Since you have a working installation, would you be willing to
communicate with me and maybe get me on the right track?  I have searched the
web for three days now and can't get any answers.  My ldap guy has given up
saying its the product so I'm without support.  I need some help!!  My work

you can offer any assistance it would be most greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
Lisa H.

1. combining results two LDAP queries or/and LDAP SQL

Hi,

 Is it possible to combine two ldap query results? Just something like the join
function in SQL?

 And another question I have if it is possible to combine an LDAP an SQL query>
(just like you can use JOIN to query in two tables, but then use something to
do the same with ldap and sql)

 Is there anybody who knows if this is possible?

 Regards

2. What is wrong with UD?

3. CPS/LDAP/Contribute 3 Connection

4. attn: Roxie or other Gurus

5. LDAP over SSL from CPS

6. Save screen to file

7. CPS / LDAP integration

8. Help...Access DB crashing

9. Odd LDAP Error when testing config

10. Multiple ldap queries to one result

11. Odd problem with using single quotes in queries

12. odd query of queries error

13. Upgrading CPS 1.0 using Tomcat to CPS 1.1