Backup Best Practices

Post by Mike » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 01:37:48

What are the best practices for backing up the Contribute Server? I found a tech note (http://www.adobe.com/go/1238b09), but it is from 2005. Is that still accurate?

Thanks

Backup Best Practices

Post by Dominic Michae » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:11:41

I thinks still this is fine, because after CPS 1.1 no new version came out.
This tech note is for CPS 1.1 only.

Thanks.

1. Best Practices / Architectural Approach

Depends on your preference, and on the task. I personally find the XML
object exceedingly cumbersome, and I will do everything I can to avoid using
it.

I am not sure if Flash tackles XML faster than arrays or not. But, I assume
that arrays and simple objects will be faster than XML.

--
Peter

|\  Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash
|/  www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia

|\  Freelance Flash Developer
|/  www.peterjoel.com

            MX Studio previews now available:
            www.macromedia.com/software/trial/

understanding of the pros/cons/strengths/weaknesses of XML as a data-store,
and have a fairly solid understanding of ActionScripting, but I'd like some
input on approaching a certain project (wow, all that, in just one
sentence! ).
is (let's just assume it's for any project where it makes sense to be using
XML). I've heard several people talk about parsing the XML and putting it
into arrays that are then used w/in Flash. Is this purely a performance
thing? It would seem that envoking methods like appendChild, removeNode,
etc. would be easier (at least from a shear coding perspective) than
manipulating arrays and then building a new XML document after all your
processing. Can anyone help shed some light on the reasons for/against using
arrays and/or manipulating an XML object directly?

2. Full-Text Search - Customize results

3. Adobe Illustrator CS best practices

4. Colour Prints

5. Adding functionality to dynamically created clips. Best Practices?

6. beginner needs assist in downloading upgrade

7. Playing pre-loaded sounds - Best Practices?

8. message board

9. New to Flash - Best Practices for Debugging (FLASH better than other Open Source options)

10. Flash Best Practices, LoadMovie et. al.

11. Best Practices for Movie Layout

12. Best Practices for mySQL/PHP/Flash

13. Best Practices: Flash Compatibility testing