Where to Get CPS

Post by hbz200 » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:42:14

The Adobe site seems to indicate that CPS is available at no charge.  On this
page http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/:

 "Contribute has a complementary publishing server..."

 My understanding is that only the clients that connect to it need licenses.
So my question is: Where do I get CPS?  Is there a place to download it (for
free) so that I can install it on my server?

 -- Hobbes

Where to Get CPS

Post by m gupt » Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:37:45

Please refer http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/server/ for details.

Where to Get CPS

Post by epoc100 » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:59:34

The problem is, that the trial seems no longer available. The trial download leads only to the normal Contribute software. Can someone please post an url that really works?

bye

Where to Get CPS

Post by arfor » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:40:59

It appears that nothing is currently available from the website for CPS.  All
the links to the updater send you to the CS4 Product pages.

 Maybe this means that they are going to be releasing a long needed update soon.

 Andy

Where to Get CPS

Post by Torrala » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:05:49

They did do an update.  It would have been nice to try it too before I bought all the user licenses for it......it's terrible and does not work at all the way I expected it to.

Where to Get CPS

Post by hobbes6062 » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:30:57

I called Adobe on this topic, and I have to say that it's been an exercise in
frustration.  I have a client that needs to "return" $8000 in software licenses
and their software reseller is sending a "quote" for the server.  Why is there
a need for a quote for the server version?  Why is there no download link for
this "free" software?  Why is the Adobe site so confusing?

 http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/server/faq/
 "There is no separate fee for the server software itself."

 http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/server/
 "Contribute Publishing Server is available for US$89 per user"

 Adobe has clearly dropped the ball here.  Let this serve as a warning for
those looking to purchase CPS.

Where to Get CPS

Post by Torrala » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:22:29

Well, although confusing, those two articles you mentioned are both correct.
There is no charge for the server software itself, but you have to pay a per
user license for each of your contribute users to access it.

 I have more of an issue with the fact that nothing seems to work, it will not
connect to AD, it will not send email notifications to users when pages are
updated, and I can't really see any reason to have purchased it if those two
things won't work.  I could have saved some money and just used contribute as
is.  The only thing that it has helped with is that you can setup users on the
server instead of for each site, which does make maintenance easier.  However,
since I can't interface it with AD, I had to create usernames and passwords for
43 people to access their sites.

 Also, be advised that you have to open up either WebDAV or a file share to
give access to the users, which means that even if you have Contribute locked
down, they can easily go to the file share and edit the files with any other
program they want, or with WebDAV they can edit files over the internet simply
by dragging and dropping into an IE window.  I was expecting a server component
that would work with IIS/Windows and lock down the site so that the only way to
access the site was through Contribute.

 I am very disappointed.

Where to Get CPS

Post by m gupt » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:27:23

This article can be of help in configuring the LDAP settings in CPS.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/contribute/articles/cps_ldap.html

Thanks,
Manoj

1. Upgrading CPS 1.0 using Tomcat to CPS 1.1

Hi,

 We have CPS 1.0 installed and running on Windows 2000 with Tomcat 5.0.7
 Now we like to upgrade from CPS 1.0 to CPS 1.1, the Contribute Publishing
Services 1.1 installer seam not detects are version 1.0 and did not
automatically install over it.

 Instead, it installed CPS 1.1 with JRun4 and SSL

 Now we have two version of CPS running :
 CPS 1.0 at URL http://localhost:8080/pubservices/admin/server.cfm, Tomcat
listening on port 8080 and;
 CPS 1.1 at URL https://localhost:8900/contribute/admin/server.cfm, JRun4
listening on port 8900 and use SSL.

 I would like to upgranding to CPS 1.1 using Tomcat instead of JRun4 and no
SSL. What i should do ?

 Any ideas would be much appreciated
 Thanks !

3. basic CPS with CPS server

4. Beginner Questions

5. problem calling xtra with ECMA syntax (CPS)

6. One ugly pixel difference! urg

7. what is a .cps file?

8. insert graphic pdf into existing text pdf

9. Testing multiple users without CPS?

10. 2 CPS's in 1 server

11. Error openning the CPS Console