Can't connect to site

Post by deandye » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 04:15:54

Okay, so I just set up a new site for the Animal Management program here at the
college.  Everything looked and acted pretty normal through the setup process.
Try to set up a faculty member and get an error that they can't connect.  So I
try to check it out.

 But now I can't connect to the site, whether to edit or administer.  The first
error I hit is "Please make sure that you have sufficient permissions."  I
created the site.  I'm still listed as an admin (I checked from a co-worker's
machine).

 If I try to administer the site (Edit--> Administer Websites), I get the above
error, followed by "You can't administer this website because we can't connect
to your web server. Please check your network connection."  The five other
sites on that server, CPS and web, work fine.

 Any ideas?  I've restarted my machine, connected as admin from another machine
(as another admin), but I can't get to it on my machine as me.  I can't even
delete it.  Help me if you can.

Can't connect to site

Post by bslecht » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 05:51:23

This is interesting.  I am having the same problem.  I am using Contribute CS3
and Publishing Server.  I had set myself up as administrator of a new site. I
set up a couple other users as Publishers within the Publishing server.  I used
the admin to set up their rights.  Everything was going fine.  I went to one of
the publishers pc and installed contribute and connected them to the site.  Now
I can no longer access the site.  Even if I try to edit my connection, it won't
enable.  It says "Access is denied".  It also won't allow me to remove the
connection.  So, I basically can't do anything.
 I don't know if it matter but the site was originally built with DreamWeaver
CS3.
 This is a new site that I'm needing to get out ASAP.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Can't connect to site

Post by zealot_alph » Sat, 04 Oct 2008 02:59:59

Does the client require proxy settings?  If so then this is not possible.

 Contribute SOAP object sent to CPS contains no proxy settings, thus it can
never reach CPS.

 this assumes your client is using a PROXY though, if they are not then ignore
this message.

 Contribute sends 3 types of requests:
 1) Browser
 2) FTP/SFTP
 3) SOAP object (on https)

 #3 has no way to deal with Proxies.

1. Can't connect to site

I'm running Contribute 4 on WIN XP connecting through local area
network. When viewing our college site in Contribute, it says, "You're
viewing a page on a website that you haven't created a connection to."
But when I go to the Connection Wizard, enter my site URL, I get an
error box that says, "You already have a connection to .... Please
enter another web address." Also when looking at the My Connections
window, the college site does not appear there. I read Adobe Tech Note
#16592 but it didn't resolve the problem. Is there a way to delete
Contribute's Connection settings and start over with a clean slate?
Would that solve this or create more headaches?

Thanks for any help.

-Tim

2. call function

3. Font Problem

4. can't connect to remote site

5. Problem with Frames creating

6. Can't connect to remote site

7. image swap rollover problems

8. can't connect to local site.

9. DW MX hangs when trying to connect to remote site in Win XP

10. DWMX can not connect when administering Contribute site

11. Automatic Connect to FTP Site

12. How To Connect Home Page To Others In Site Folder