Locking down WebDAV

Post by Torrala » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:04:45

I'm not sure if I'm just missing something somewhere, but if I give people
write access in WebDAV (or on a file share for that matter) then sure I can
lock down Contribute with what they can and can't do, but they can still go
directly to the site in a browser, and overwrite any file they choose, and same
with a file share.  Is there something I'm missing or not doing, or is there a
solution for this?  I know it would take a savvy user to figure this out, but I
have a couple of them and I don't want this happening.   Thanks!

1. WebDAV - Problems with locking files on server?

Trying to use the site management in Dreamweaver 4, which supports WebDAV on
IIS 5.0 (Windows 2000 Server).  I cannot lock the files on the server when
checking out files.  This is very important for multi-user development and
to ensure that the most recent files are not over-written.

We think its a problem with permissions but we can't find where the problem
is.

Please Help!

Please...

2. OT - need creative suggestions

3. WebDAV - locking files on server?

4. Mac OS & DW/FW 3

5. WebDAV file locking multiple accounts

6. import variable from html to shockwave

7. Locking down link type

8. Two for one.

9. Locking down tables

10. HELP! Locking down layers over an image

11. Locking Drop Downs based on other Drop Down Selection

12. Locking down Fillable elements

13. Application.cfc & locking down media files